Re: TROPICO 5 ERROR

by ivrognard

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@DaniPHP  system requirements:

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/tropico/tropico-5#store-page-section-requirements

As you will probably notice, the video card is under the minimum requirements. 

P.S.: when you have access to your other PC, post that dxdiag and maybe we can find the cause. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 21 of 30 (4,440 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yes, thank you, I know the requirements, as I said, I doubt it will work. But if is system requirements are not enough, every game is just saying it or crashing and showing the error in logs, or not even allowing the game to be installed. I also was able to play games of origin that are much above the specifications of the computer, just some of them are slow and unplayable so i finish uninstalling them (the other colleague has a rtx 2080 and huge computer and has exactly same problem) . 

In this case origin is just saying that there is an error in your game setup and please reinstall it. Is not even trying to run the game. And if the specifications are low, reinstalling won't solve the issue .

I don't understand why in this community they ask mostly for dxdiag instead of game or origin logs that they created. Specifications would give just a possible reason and plenty of unnecessary information, logs should give the information of the error itself. Is why as developers, we create logs.

Coming back to the error, the only thing I could find was that one from galaxy.dll that is not appearing in other working games. Attached I send the log with the only tropico5 related error I could find (I had to convert the html to txt because this forum doesn't allow to upload html)

And the famous dxdiag

Message 22 of 30 (4,414 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this to on my laptop and my pc. All I did was copy msvcp110.dll and msvcr110.dll to the install folder and it works I don't know why. My pc had the missing dll then error there is a problem with your game's setup. You can try it to see if it works

Message 23 of 30 (4,396 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@DaniPHP I checked for that error in my log, and I have the exact same error. 

Just fyi, my PC is way overpowered for this game, so I agree with you, I don't think its a hardware requirements issue.

@MrBlunt78 Just tried that (copying the DLLs you mentioned) and no change. 

Message 24 of 30 (4,375 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
it worked for me :earaised_eyebrow:
Message 25 of 30 (4,248 Views)

★★★ Newbie

tropico 5 stopped to open. it worked properly in the past on the same pc.

Message 26 of 30 (4,150 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've got a fix.

You need to install/repair (if already installed - it will give you the option) "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4" 

If you have a 64bit OS then you need both the options 64 and 86, if 32bit then just the 86.

See the video below that I found showing you how its done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPX3f90Iqu0 

Message 27 of 30 (14,480 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I didn't thought will work as the error message from the video is totally different but anyway I gave it a try.

Anyway, after installing this packets and the game, the game started without issues at all even that my specs are much lower (so confirmed issue is not related with specs).

Thx @Chiz3ler !

Message 28 of 30 (3,757 Views)

★★★ Novice

It helps me, thank you so much!!!!

Message 29 of 30 (3,291 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I tried this and it allowed me to launch the game but right before it gets to the menu, it crashes

Message 30 of 30 (1,165 Views)