Re: TROPICO 5 ERROR

by rebraegomez

Original Post

★★ Novice

Has anyone found a fix? I tried contacting the ea support and they were no help Frown 

Message 11 of 30 (3,101 Views)

★ Novice

Also still have the same problem.

I tryed out what EA sugest but wont work. I dont get it why EA says send the diaxg. Maybe you can explain my why?

Im an IT Technican.

Message 12 of 30 (3,022 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Same issue. waste of money

Message 13 of 30 (2,896 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have same issue and tried all methods mentioned, reinstall, cleaning registry and so on.

Trying to check deeper origin logs, there is only one error appearing related to authentication mentioning that galaxy.dll not found. 
Strange because there is indeed a galaxy.dll file in the same folder of tropico5.exe file. 

Apart of that only info entries in all logs and couple of warnings... Quite sad that the error message is just saying to re install instead of actually pointing the error...

Message 14 of 30 (2,858 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did anyone manage to point what is the error? And maybe more how to solve it?
It really looks very similar to the hotfix released by Kalypso guys, but as we use origin one, doesn't work.
https://www.worldoftropico.com/us/tropico-5-fails-to-start-issue-boxed-retail-hotfix-available/

Message 15 of 30 (2,714 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Regarding logs, the only error is in the online activation log file:

2[20:49:43 GMT]Info  License signature is good.
3[20:49:43 GMT]Info  Time remaining for valid license 3196471000
4[20:49:44 GMT]Error  Missing DLL: [Galaxy.dll] Error: 0x7E
Message 16 of 30 (2,710 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same error. Bumping this so EA may fix it...

Message 17 of 30 (2,562 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@DaniPHP  @viggenator 

Can you both attach a DxDiag so we can look at your system specs? Do you get any error messages or prompts to enter a CD key other than the one originally mentioned in the post about reinstalling the game?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 18 of 30 (2,542 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Sure, see attached dxdiag.

Its odd, I just get the original message in a dialog box with the title 'Error', "There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game", and an 'ok' button.

No ask for any keys, no other messages. 

I've reinstalled, tried repairs, tried comparability modes, all with no effect. 

Message 19 of 30 (2,535 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

Right now I don't have access to that computer I was trying to use for the game to attach the dxdiag but apart from that it was same situation, no message at all apart from that one. "There is a problem, reinstall the game."

That computer is an old samsung laptop (as I remember, core i3-330m, nvidia 310m, directx 12, and windows 10 pro 64bit), and i'm not sure if will be capable of running the game (latest games from origin I was playing without issues were latest sim city complete edition, sims 4, or the witness).

I tried other games were computer is not enough, but in general, for that games, if computer is not enough, the crash is after game at least starts loading, or it shows a message that computer is not enough, or something required is not available. In this case it doesn't even seem to try running the game.

Message 20 of 30 (2,514 Views)