Re: Syndicate (2012) won't launch. Dead Space (2008) freezes on loading. (Win. 1

by SpectreLaanz

Original Post

Syndicate (2012) won't launch. Dead Space (2008) freezes on loading. (Win. 10)

★ Novice

Hello, 

I currently have two issues with two games: Syndicate (2012), and Dead Space (2008).

Syndicate does not launch, and Dead Space freezes during the loading screen after difficulty selection.

No error screens are displayed for either issue.

I have reinstalled Origin, and these games multiple times. I have also repaired both games using the Origin Repair function in the library. I have tried compatibility settings for both games. I have tried running both games, and Origin, in administrator mode.

My BIOS, and GPU have the most recent updates. I am on Windows 10.

I have included my DxDiag.

Please help me.

Message 1 of 4 (639 Views)

Re: Syndicate (2012) won't launch. Dead Space (2008) freezes on loading. (Win. 1

★ Novice

Update: I have gotten Dead Space to work fine after disabling Origin In-Game. After trying this with Syndicate, nothing has changed.

Syndicate remains to be the only game that doesn't run.

Message 2 of 4 (613 Views)

Community Manager

@SpectreLaanz Can you look for an update for your GPU driver, yours are almost 4 months out of date. 

What happens when you try to launch Syndicate, do you see an error, does it crash to desktop or other? 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 4 (604 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello,

I am currently on AMD's most recent Adrenalin update of 18.5.1. There is an optional update of 18.8.2, and I find it very unstable. I will attach another DxDiag which is updated. When I see the error, my mouse cursor turns into the Windows blue rotating circle cursor to indicate loading. It is almost indefinite, seeing as how the cursor didn't change for well over twenty minutes. My screen attempts to lower in resolution, and I only see my desktop in a lower resolution while I am unable to even click on anything else with my cursor. Bringing up task manager does not work as I cannot select it to close the program.

Edit: Answers HQ seems unable to let me provide another text file.

Message 4 of 4 (576 Views)