Syndicate (2012) - Game freezing

by N7BR_Nihlus

Original Post

Syndicate (2012) - Game freezing

★★ Novice

Hello, I have recently acquired the game Syndicate (2012). I manage to play the campaign for a few minutes, but the game keeps freezing. Doesn't respond, only the sound keeps playing.

I have more than the recommended settings (Can run the game in medium above 60 FPS), so it's probably not a performance issue.

Can you help me solve this? I have looked all over the internet and can't find a solution.

Thanks

Message 1 of 14 (2,149 Views)

Re: Syndicate (2012) - Game freezing

Community Manager

Sorry to see that you are having issues @N7BR_Nihlus.

When the game freezes do you see an error message of any kind? Do you need to force close the game in order to get out of it?

If you can grab a DxDiag that would be great: https://help.ea.com/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 14 (2,084 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just bought the Game and have the same issue, while playing the Game after some few minutes freezes completely and always shows a black screen but Sound is still there. There is no error message. 

I can only get out of the game and start it again when pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL. When I select Task Manager the Game all of a sudden closes itself. It doesnt close itself when I just try to get to the Desktop. Only when opening Task Manager. 

ESC or ALT+F4 doesnt do anything inside the Game when this happens. 

I already tried to lower some graphics options and change screen resolution from UHD to Full HD. 

I can find multiple topics about this via Google Search but no solution or workaround. 

I use the latest AMD Graphics Driver with Windows 10 64-Bit.

Message 3 of 14 (1,923 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the exact same issue as you too.

After a while, the game hangs with the picture frozen. I can still hear audio.

But I can't quit the game, I just have to force shut down my PC.

Using Windows 10 64bit. AMD Ryzen 3 and Radeon 535 with latest drivers. I've tried playing about  my gaming profile to default, to turning off anti virus scanner.

No avail.

Message 4 of 14 (1,878 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, sorry for taking this much time, the DxDiag is linked here, hope it helps!

Message 5 of 14 (1,861 Views)

★ Novice
I think my problem was due to the GPU overheating.
I'm running it on a laptop and I tried placing it on a make shift riser.
So far I am able to play through without encountering further hangs.
Message 6 of 14 (1,852 Views)

★★ Novice
@DonbonLFC That's what I've been using since I got this PC. I played many games with more GPU and CPU requirements than this one and they worked fine.
Message 7 of 14 (1,828 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@N7BR_Nihlus Was this ever solved? I have the same problem.
Message 8 of 14 (1,310 Views)

★★ Novice
@RowBryn Nope, I still want to play that game but I just stopped trying after a week or so. Shame, EA had amazing support when I had my account hacked or product key issues, but game-related problems that make it unplayable never get solved. Second time this happens to me, first was with Alice Madness when I bought it 9 years ago.
Message 9 of 14 (1,298 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @N7BR_Nihlus when responding to a CM it's best to use the tagging system. Your response was almost 3 months after my post and without tagging it can be easy to miss a post especially one sent so long after.

If having issues still then grab us a new DxDiag and make sure you tag the CM.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 14 (1,287 Views)