Syndicate 2012 - Crash during Co-Op mission

by GinsuMoose

Original Post

Syndicate 2012 - Crash during Co-Op mission

★★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone,

So I managed to get Syndicate running on windows 10, which wasn't straight forward. The Main Campaign is operating just fine at the time of writing this, however when I attempt to run Co-Op missions solo I run in to problems.

First Issue: If I am killed/fail the Co-Op mission, the level will restart, I will see the briefing screen and for a moment I see my weapon and then straight crash to desktop.

Second issue: If I survive long enough, usually a few minutes, the game will crash to desktop. 

Something is triggering the game to crash during Co-Op mode, I have no idea how to even begin to trouble shoot or solve this problem, can anyone please help me?

Kind regards,

Ginsu

Message 1 of 4 (401 Views)

Re: Syndicate 2012 - Crash during Co-Op mission

Community Manager

Hi, @GinsuMoose 

Sorry to hear it's crashing on you. Are you able to avoid the crashes by right-clicking on the desktop icon and running it in compatibility mode under an older OS?

I recommend checking to see if you have any updates pending for Windows 10 and check to see if your video card has the latest driver. With some older games though, crashes can be avoided by downgrading to an earlier driver version. 

What desktop resolution are you playing the game on?

PC Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 4 (363 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Blueberry 

I have the game running in compatibility mode for windows 7, running as admin. I also had to disable the intro videos, this is the only way Syndicate will launch.

Windows 10 is up to date, and my graphics driver is using an earlier version (2016) which is suitable for my gaming laptop.

I am playing on Monitor Aspect Ratio: 16:9

Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Bit Depth: RGBA8

Texture Filtering on max

AA on max

I've also noticed the game can randomly minimise to desktop during single player, it happens rarely, and I can alt tab back in to the game and continue as normal, or restart the level and it doesn't happen again.

But with CO-OP missions online, the game continues to either crash to desktop after a few minutes, or every time I respawn after death/failure. Making those missions unplayable. I sense the game is doing something specific when playing those online missions that is causing this, just my guess though. 

Message 3 of 4 (350 Views)

Community Manager

Have you tried updating your video card driver to the latest version to see if that have any positive effect? With older games, earlier drivers can indeed help make them more stable to launch and play but it's worth updating to the latest version if that hasn't been attempted yet.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 4 (325 Views)