Surviving High School

by rydeiow

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Surviving High School

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Where do I find a way of speaking to someone at EA about the above game please?  Even Here I had to say I was using a different game!

I'm sure they sell it, it's not available in help anywhere and I can't see how to ask about it.

I'm actually trying to solve this problem for an 11 year old who can't find their way around any of the EA site ;-) - Hence my frustrations.  Looking at it, Facebook, doesn't seem the place for this kind of problems solution, it should be easy to resolve.

They purchased Surviving High School from iTunes, along with a lot of episodes and then when their iPod broke, they had to redownload things.  The problem is, that although they can get the app again for free from Apple, they can't get the episodes again, without purchasing them for a second time.  We're talking about hard saved pocket money here - and they have already accidentally downloaded one of the episodes and therefore paid for it twice in an attempt to sort this out.  According to Apple, this should be easy.

>>>Non-replenishable In-App Purchases and auto-renewing subscriptions can be downloaded again for free. Examples include: bonus game levels, a map/city guide, a daily news subscription, or other recurring services. 

<<<

Can you please advice?

Message 1 of 80 (9,660 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Surviving High School

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@rydeiow wrote:

Where do I find a way of speaking to someone at EA about the above game please?  Even Here I had to say I was using a different game!

I'm sure they sell it, it's not available in help anywhere and I can't see how to ask about it.

I'm actually trying to solve this problem for an 11 year old who can't find their way around any of the EA site ;-) - Hence my frustrations.  Looking at it, Facebook, doesn't seem the place for this kind of problems solution, it should be easy to resolve.

They purchased Surviving High School from iTunes, along with a lot of episodes and then when their iPod broke, they had to redownload things.  The problem is, that although they can get the app again for free from Apple, they can't get the episodes again, without purchasing them for a second time.  We're talking about hard saved pocket money here - and they have already accidentally downloaded one of the episodes and therefore paid for it twice in an attempt to sort this out.  According to Apple, this should be easy.

>>>Non-replenishable In-App Purchases and auto-renewing subscriptions can be downloaded again for free. Examples include: bonus game levels, a map/city guide, a daily news subscription, or other recurring services. 

<<<

Can you please advice?

Hi Rydeiow, I sympathize with the frustration. 

From what you're describing, it sounds like you need to get in touch with Apple support, not EA support.  While EA made the game, it's delivered to your Iphone/Ipad via the Apple store, and registered against your Apple ID.  I think you need to make sure you're using the Apple ID that made the original expansion purchases - otherwise a different account will show them as not already owned. 

I recommend connecting the device to your PC/Mac, and launching iTunes.  When you sync the device, you should be able to see your App purchase history - and which ones are currently on the device.  Again, it's just key that you're using the same Apple ID that made those purchases originally. 

If still having problems, I would contact Apple.

Hope that helps.

View in thread

Message 6 of 80 (10,600 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi rydeiow,

Answer HQ is still in beta which means that we're constantly reviewing the games we support here. If you think we need additional boards for more games here, please go to our Idea Exchange and let us know.

Thanks for your help on shaping the future of the Answer HQ!

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 80 (4,828 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes Ursula, I think you need additonal boards - and I've posted in the Idea Exchange.

Could you please answer my question which was:-

>>>

Thanks

<<<

Many thanks

Message 3 of 80 (4,825 Views)

Community Manager

Hi rydeiow,

Please have a little patience with us while we review all the ideas. We do plan to open more boards for more games in the future.

In the meantime you can find Surviving High School in the iTunes or Google Play/Android store for free. The Surviving High School Facebook page is a great source for information.

Hope that helps!

Ursula

spectre.png
Message 4 of 80 (4,813 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello Ursula,

I'm not on Facebook, and I'm actually trying to solve this problem for an 11 year old who can't find their way around any of the EA site ;-) - Hence my frustrations.  Looking at it, Facebook, doesn't seem the place for this kind of problems solution, it should be easy to resolve.

<<<

Can you please advice?

Many thanks

Message 5 of 80 (4,813 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@rydeiow wrote:

<<<

Can you please advice?

Hi Rydeiow, I sympathize with the frustration. 

From what you're describing, it sounds like you need to get in touch with Apple support, not EA support.  While EA made the game, it's delivered to your Iphone/Ipad via the Apple store, and registered against your Apple ID.  I think you need to make sure you're using the Apple ID that made the original expansion purchases - otherwise a different account will show them as not already owned. 

I recommend connecting the device to your PC/Mac, and launching iTunes.  When you sync the device, you should be able to see your App purchase history - and which ones are currently on the device.  Again, it's just key that you're using the same Apple ID that made those purchases originally. 

If still having problems, I would contact Apple.

Hope that helps.

Message 6 of 80 (10,601 Views)

[Surviving High School] SURVIVING HIGH SCHOOL ANDROID APPLICATION

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Just downloaded the Surviving High School application from Google Play Android store on my Samsung Galaxy Note. Haven't even got past the error message. What is up with this?!? (5002) is at the end of the message that tells me what to do to get to customer support. This company is having me run in circles! HELP!!

Message 7 of 80 (10,015 Views)

Re: [Surviving High School] SURVIVING HIGH SCHOOL ANDROID APPLICATION

Community Manager

Hi ayearkey,

If the app tells you to contact customer support, please get in contact with an EA Game Advisor.

You need to log in with your Origin account and then choose "Product", "Category", and "Platform" to see the contact options.

Thanks,
Ursula

spectre.png
Message 8 of 80 (5,103 Views)

[Surviving High School] Not Opening :'-(

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Survial High School Not Opening Please Help Me I Really Want To Play.

Message 9 of 80 (9,011 Views)

[Surviving High School] restore one of my previously purchased sets

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi, I needed to restore one of my previously purchased sets, so I clicked on it, and your directions said if I pressed "Purchase" it would realize that I had already bought it, and it would download itself again. I'm not sure if it worked though, because I think it just bought it again (another $2.99). To see if anything happened differently on another set though, I tried it again on something else, and again, no authorization log-in to iTunes popped up.

So basically I just accidently bought 4 dollars worth of items when all I wanted to do was restore my games! Can you please help? I really do not want to be billed because of this (since I had no money in my account). Thanks!
Message 10 of 80 (9,113 Views)