Re: Starwars Galactic Battleground Saga - need disc to play?

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Starwars Galactic Battleground Saga - need disc to play?

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm a fan of some of these old Real-time Strategy games and have just recently downloaded Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga. After paying for it online through origin and downloading it, it is now saying that I need a disc to play it! How is this right? Is there something I can do to fix it or can I get a refund because although it's not much I don't want to be paying for something that I can't even play!!

Thanks.

Message 1 of 13 (7,233 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

Hey everyone, 

If you get issues starting Star Wars Galactic Battleground Saga try the below steps. 

Try these following steps: 

1. Copy file "winmm.dll" from "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" folder to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\STAR WARS - Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game"
  2. Rename the existing “win32.dll” in the Game folder to “win32_old.dll”
  3. Rename the “winmm.dll” to “win32.dll”
  4. Make a shortcut out of battlegrounds_x1 file.
  5. Going forward, start the game via the battlegrounds_x1.exe shortcut in your Game folder
  6. You can move the battlegrounds_x1.exe shortcut to your desktop for easy access.

That should work, tried it my self. Standard smile 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 10 of 13 (6,843 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi, @wooshwood 

Thanks for purchasing the Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga. If you restart the Origin client and log back in does that get around this error for you? If not, before launching the game try clicking on "Origin" in the top left corner and set Origin in Offline Mode. Then try launching the game.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 13 (7,210 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tried both. Neither worked.

Message 3 of 13 (7,171 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Found the answer. Navigate to the file in program files (x86). Go to the game subfolder and launch clone wars. All of the campaigns are available for both games from that menu. No disc request there.

Message 4 of 13 (7,167 Views)

Community Manager

@air8932 wrote:

Found the answer. Navigate to the file in program files (x86). Go to the game subfolder and launch clone wars. All of the campaigns are available for both games from that menu. No disc request there.

@wooshwood 

Did this fix it for you or did you find an alternative way to launch it so we can mark this post as a solution?

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 13 (7,157 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've tried all three options but none are working unfortunately; when I can get to the title menu it still says i need the disc and if I go through the files it keeps on popping up saying that the graphic drives aren't compatible or something along those lines. I'm reinstalling it and will attempt to do all three things again. Thanks for responding.

Message 6 of 13 (7,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay I'm having the same problems as before. The exact message that pops up I mentioned before is 'could not initialize graphics system make sure your videocard is compatible with direct draw.' Also i am not getting the opening graphics before getting to the menu. Is there any way else of fixing this problem?

Message 7 of 13 (7,147 Views)

Community Manager

@wooshwood 

Here's some steps that should help. It's a digital download so it shouldn't be requesting you to insert a disc.

1. Try deleting the Origin client and re-download the latest version here.
  2. Restart the PC
  3. Try running the game in compatibility mode by right-clicking on the desktop shortcut and visit properties. There is a compatibility tab where you can select an older OS for it to run on. Try launching it that way.

If it's still acting up on you please reach out to our Live-Support team so they can make sure you get the game running on your PC or issue a refund. It's been 5 days now and we want to make sure you can use the product you purchased from the Origin store. We sincerely apologize for any trouble it's caused.

Click here to speak with an EA Advisor

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 13 (7,129 Views)

★★★ Novice

I and my friend had the same issue, to fix it, you need to go into the game files and run battleground_x1.exe (found in Game folder). For some reason, origin runs the wrong game exe by default.

Message 9 of 13 (6,900 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey everyone, 

If you get issues starting Star Wars Galactic Battleground Saga try the below steps. 

Try these following steps: 

1. Copy file "winmm.dll" from "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" folder to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\STAR WARS - Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game"
  2. Rename the existing “win32.dll” in the Game folder to “win32_old.dll”
  3. Rename the “winmm.dll” to “win32.dll”
  4. Make a shortcut out of battlegrounds_x1 file.
  5. Going forward, start the game via the battlegrounds_x1.exe shortcut in your Game folder
  6. You can move the battlegrounds_x1.exe shortcut to your desktop for easy access.

That should work, tried it my self. Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 10 of 13 (6,844 Views)