Star Wars: The Old Republic - Not receiving One time password

by zerrod

Original Post

Re: Star Wars The Old Republic: Not receiving One time password

★★★ Novice

Sadly im still not able to get the one time password mails even after they had whitelisted the address.

I guess i will wait till they bring the live chat back (if they will) so i can change my email.

Message 11 of 124 (11,145 Views)

★★★ Novice

One other think i would like to know, does the "reset password" affect the origin account?

Message 12 of 124 (11,137 Views)

Community Manager

Yep, changing the swtor password will update your origin password too.

As for the issue, just to cover all bases, check any email addresses you have in case your account is associated with an old one that you've not been checking. Since the change to account-based logins I have heard of a few cases where this has happened.

Other than that, the way forward is to call. Sorry that I can't do more for you on this.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 13 of 124 (6,565 Views)

★★★ Novice

There is one think i noticed wiley screwing around the ea support page, when i changed the country to uk, there was live chat avaible, is okay to use that or will they just re-direct to your own countrys page?

Message 14 of 124 (6,553 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
You'll most likely be taken care of. Not having a chat option mostly means that it isn't available in a set language, so if you're up for some English chatting, switch away!
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 15 of 124 (6,546 Views)

Can't login to my SWTOR account

★★★ Newbie

Since this morning, I can't log to my account. All because I can't get my one-time password (and yes, I checked my spam filter). I tried rebboting, using different navigators, nothing worked. Some people related that changing the e-mail could fix it. The problem is, how can I change my e-mail if I can't log? Wait for a quick solution by EA. Thanks for the help

Message 16 of 124 (3,533 Views)

Re: Can't login to my SWTOR account

Hero (Retired)

READ FIRST] Common Questions & Issues: Email change, merge, compromised, codes, online pass, gamert....

If you still need assistance, contact Customer Service/Game Advisors, here's how:

1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
2 Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.

✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped!

Message 17 of 124 (3,532 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did all that already, the problem is I can't login to the SWTOR site to change the e-mail, and since I'm from Brazil, there's no support via chat, and by phone, just making an expensive international call, which I'm not very willing to do.

Message 18 of 124 (3,529 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I changed my email adress via live chat, still didn't work. I'll try to do it again, now I'll change the provider too.

Message 19 of 124 (3,532 Views)

Star Wars The Old Republic Not receiving One time password

★ Novice

Hey EA.

I've been trying to log on for a while and I am not receiving the password.
I also cannot call the customer service as I am a student and cannot afford so past the cost of the subscription of the game.

What can I do?

Message 20 of 124 (3,747 Views)