Star Wars Republic Commando Sequel?

by Tahir95happy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Star Wars Republic Commando Sequel?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Since Disney assosiated with EA with Star Wars games maybe there will be a squeal? Many people has been wondering about it, Republic Commando is a great game and deserves a squeal.

Message 1 of 6 (1,392 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Star Wars Republic Commando Sequel?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Tahir95happy wrote:

Since Disney assosiated with EA with Star Wars games maybe there will be a squeal? Many people has been wondering about it, Republic Commando is a great game and deserves a squeal.

@Tahir95happy Hi,

I am currently not aware of a new Republic Commando game. However, we did announce the development of a new Star Wars Battlefront, check out the video:

Source: http://dice.se/games/star-wars-battlefront/

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (1,458 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Disney is far more interested in games for pre-teen children than in the great majority of LucasArt's archives.

The SW MMO, SWtOR, predates the Disney acquisition of LucasArts. 

Message 2 of 6 (1,369 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Tahir95happy wrote:

@Tahir95happy Hi,

I am currently not aware of a new Republic Commando game. However, we did announce the development of a new Star Wars Battlefront, check out the video:

Source: http://dice.se/games/star-wars-battlefront/

Cheers,

Nils

Message 3 of 6 (1,459 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fans would love a sequel. In fact, they won't be satisfied without one. I've heard there are fans who have been trying to remaster the original themselves.

Message 4 of 6 (936 Views)

@OzzyMcBean fans might want a sequel, but that is up to Disney.

Also... Disney will take legal action upon anyone using their assets (especially SW), so the fans that are trying to remaster games without Disney's explicit agreement will have a rough wake-up call, as Disney's legal team is quite ruthless. It happened before with a number of the old SW games (and not only), it will happen now and it will happen in the future. Any attempt to an unauthorized remaster brought a world of trouble for the ones that tried. 

There are many SW games that we would like to see a sequel, prequel, etc, but in the end that is up to Disney. It's not EA that needs convincing, it's Disney. EA has a licence for creating NEW games, but they can't touch anyhting from the old SW games catalog, unless Disney decides otherwise. 

Welcome to the marvelous world of the copyrightWink

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 5 of 6 (874 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Tahir95happy Totally. Total cliff hanger. what happened to sev and how did the battle of kashyyyk play out for delta squad?
Message 6 of 6 (714 Views)