Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic game issues.

by Kimberly211981

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic game issues.

★★★ Newbie

I just bought KOTOR a few nights ago, and I finally have time to play it. Loaded  up just fine, made my character, selected skills and ect. Hit the play button, game loads, then crashes to desktop at the end of the load bar. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 11 (2,480 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic game issues.

Community Manager

Sorry to see that you are having issues @Kimberly211981.

The first thing to do would be to grab a DxDiag and share it with me so that I can take a look at your system for any issues: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Generally, a crash like this would point to something interfering with the game or a system issue causing it to crash so the more info we have the better.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (2,462 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to see that you are having issues @Kimberly211981.

The first thing to do would be to grab a DxDiag and share it with me so that I can take a look at your system for any issues: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Generally, a crash like this would point to something interfering with the game or a system issue causing it to crash so the more info we have the better.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 11 (2,463 Views)

★ Novice
I'm having the same problem. Just downloaded KOTOR, can choose a character, but when I hit Play the loading bar gets to about 95% and then the application closes. Where can I send the dxdiag file?
Message 3 of 11 (2,406 Views)

Community Manager

You can post your DxDiag here @Allaminator.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 11 (2,384 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks, I appreciate the response! I ended up starting a new post and attached the file here. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Just-downloaded-KOTOR-crashes-when-I-hit-Play/...

I appreciate how responsive this forum is.

Message 5 of 11 (2,381 Views)

Community Manager

Ah perfect @Allaminator. One thing I would recommend is looking to see about installing older versions of DirectX from the time the game was released. A number of features that older titles rely on to work have been removed from DirectX with subsequent updates.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 11 (2,378 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue

Message 7 of 11 (1,732 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having the same issue. I have attached my dxdiag file.

Message 8 of 11 (1,573 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Darko Hopefully you can help.

Message 9 of 11 (1,446 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @getsmitty4 I would recommend creating a new Windows admin account and trying to play the game there to see if you continue to see the same issue.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 11 (1,437 Views)