Re: Star Wars Episode 1 Racer Will Start and Then Crash Out

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Star Wars Episode 1 Racer Will Start and Then Crash Out

★★★ Newbie

After starting Star Wars Episode 1 Racer the game will show the blue loading bar and loading mouse circle cursor but then abruptly exit back to the origin menu screen. I've tried "repairing" the game but nothing worked also logged out and back in to no avail.

Message 1 of 25 (13,575 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @soleil0731 

Since it's quite an old game now (20 years old this year to be exact!), it might have some issues with running on newer operating systems. Have you tried to run the game in a compatibility mode with Windows XP (or older OS)?

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 25 (13,526 Views)

★ Novice

Hello,

Running as compatibility mode does not work. The version I believe they are using is the one recently put on Origin. I purchased it and have the same issue. It crashes after seeing a blue loading line. Compatibility mode did not even get close to helping this.

Message 3 of 25 (13,497 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I have attempted ever compatibility mode available Doesn't work. Would be nice if EA made sure a game worked on current systems before pushing it out or at least offer some form of a fix. This is really disappointing but not surprising. 

Message 4 of 25 (13,280 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Asylom85 wrote:

So I have attempted ever compatibility mode available Doesn't work. Would be nice if EA made sure a game worked on current systems before pushing it out or at least offer some form of a fix. This is really disappointing but not surprising. 

@Asylom85 This is not an EA game. Episode I Racer was developed in-house by the now defunct LucasArts.

Do you have the GOG version? Usually CD Projekt improves compatibility when publishing games on their storefront. Check out the game's dedicated forum on GOG for help with your issues: https://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_episode_i_racer#1564845271

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 25 (13,256 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

[Removed by CM]

It should work if it's for sale. PERIOD.

Message 6 of 25 (13,008 Views)

★ Novice

Just wanted to make note of what I did to get it to work:

Navigate to wherever the game is installed

~/Star Wars Episode I Racer/common

Look for "SWEP1RCR"

Right Click > Properties

Open Compatibility tab

Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP Serv Pack 3 = Checked

Reduced Color mode = Checked [8-bit (256 color)]

Run in 640x480 screen resolution = Checked

Run program as admin = Checked

I'm running Windows 10 on Ryzen 7 2700x, 16GB ram, 1080ti.

Message 7 of 25 (12,827 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Whits3y I understand that you are frustrated but would ask that when posting on AHQ that you keep it polite and constructive.

As  Star Wars Episode 1 Racer is a non EA game then you would need to reach out to the developers/publishers for any issues relating to the game.

We will assist as best we can on AHQ but the level of support we can offer would be limited.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 25 (12,746 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share the fix that worked for you @NotEden.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 25 (12,745 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't agree with you on this. If EA is going to ask me for money for the game they are responsible for making sure it actually works. This is just another situation where EA has dropped the ball and proven they dont care about the customer. 

Message 10 of 25 (11,993 Views)