Re: Star Wars Empire at War 2

by ivrognard

Original Post

Star Wars Empire at War 2

★★★ Newbie

I can't wait for a Star Wars Empire At War 2, but unfortunately Petroglyph Games (makers of Star Wars Empire at War) cannot make a sequel due to the Star wars licensing issue. Petroglyph have reached out to EA and asked them if they would commission a sequel, but so far, nothing has happened.

I would like to see your comments on what you think should be in the next Star Wars Empire at War game.

Message 1 of 2 (331 Views)

Re: Star Wars Empire at War 2

@tintint010 

1. Petroglyph is currently busy with the remasters for C&C and RA

2. EA doesn't have ANY rights over SW: Empire at War. Petroglyph developed the game for Lucas Arts. As Lucas Arts was in the package with Lucas Films, can you say who has the rights over any SW related game?! It's Disney. And they did not show any intention of using the old game series. EA can maintain SWTOR, make NEW games and use the Battlefront name. Aside that, EA can't touch any of the old SW games series without the explicit accord of Disney. So, Petroglyph going to EA was a mistake, as EA can't give them any license. Petroglyph pitching to Disney, that would be a different story. 

3. IF EA could have touched the old series, we would have a new KOTOR game by now. And not only that. So everything is up to Disney.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 2 (299 Views)