Re: Sim coaster on Windows 10

by alexhob123

Original Post

Sim Coaster game freezes when starting or loading game

★★★ Newbie
I have successfully installed Sim Coaster, or also know as Theme Park Inc. and I run the game through the compatability settings: Windows XP (Service Pack 2 and 3) and Windows 2000. when the game starts it leads up to the double doors, but does not move (where if it works, it plays the introduction) however the music still plays, and it has an option to skip the Intro, however when it shows you the screen with all your saves, and the Coaster Construction Kit mode stuff, when you load a coaster map or try to start the game or load a game it goes back to being stuck at the Double doors again, can't move or anything, but the music still plays. at this point I will tab out and tab back in to see if it woulld kick it into motion, however it just crashes the game. I am using Windows 7 OS, with compatibility settings.
Message 11 of 21 (5,678 Views)

Re: Sim Coaster game freezes when starting or loading game

★★★ Newbie

TalisDoll820, i am having the exact same problem. If someone has any solution, please help.

Message 12 of 21 (5,168 Views)

Re: Sim Coaster

★★★ Newbie

QueenOfTheDelta2, I can't find any file named safemode in either of my SimCoaster folders. The only thing I can find is an icon named safe.ico. Is this still up to date? Wondering

Message 13 of 21 (5,020 Views)

Re: Sim Coaster

★ Novice

Anyone found a solution ?

Message 14 of 21 (4,929 Views)

Sim coaster on Windows 10

★ Novice

Has anyone been able to get Sim Coaster (Theme park Inc) working on windows 10?

Message 15 of 21 (4,948 Views)

Community Manager

@colinha667 Thanks for the post, I know there are a fair few older games that don't play well on W10 out of the box. 

Can you check this post, hopefully it'll help you to get the game running: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/HOW-TO-Getting-EA-Classics-up-and-running-on-your-modern-OS/...

Cheers

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 16 of 21 (15,033 Views)

★ Novice

I just tried this game on a windows 7 HP laptop and it worked well. But on windows 10, the game doesn't launch or anything, even with Compatibility mode. I'm thinking it may have to do with the "My games /My saved games" folder that windows 7 had which is no longer around in windows 10  or something along those lines. Anyone been able to get it to work with Windows 10?

Message 17 of 21 (4,860 Views)

★★★ Newbie

In order for the simcoaster game to work on windows 8 and 10..... need to go to simcoaster folder,open data folder and run notepad on these 3 files called,high,med,and low.

on all these 3 file, change these setting from 0 to 1.

GraphicalOptions.RENDER32                                      1
GraphicalOptions.TEXTURE32                                     1

Message 18 of 21 (3,936 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

tried that but still gets stuck at double doors help

Message 19 of 21 (3,736 Views)

★ Novice

my game worked using a patch. then after awhile it stopped. and got stuck with the intro scene where the old guy talks and the doors are supposed to swing open but don't

Message 20 of 21 (2,285 Views)