Re: Sim Golf

by ncurry2

Original Post

Re: SimGolf on Win7+ later

★★ Novice

Version 1.03 includes the previous 2 patches. I found out it is a security build into the game that is now disabled in Windows, therefor the game doesn't work anymore. There are two ways of bypassing this: one is to enable securom again, but it was disabled for a reason (you can find many discussion about this on the internet). The second is to use a no-cd pach for the exe that already bypasses the securom, but something like this is also very risky as it could be maleware.

A third method that I haven't used or tried yet, though I think it might work, is to use a virtual box with Windows XP installed en installing the game there.

Message 101 of 148 (1,769 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

will you ever add Sid Meier's Simgolf too Origin? i wood like to buy it. i have played the game before and i miss playing it i think others do too. 

Message 102 of 148 (1,720 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @gautste 

Sorry to say so, but currently there are no plans to bring this title to the Origin. But we constantly listening to our fans request, so who knows...

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 103 of 148 (1,709 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Please bring this to origin! The game sits pretty high on gog's wishlist, there's definitely demand for it. Especially considering us legit owners can no longer play it.
Message 104 of 148 (1,668 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can someone send me the 1.03 patch? I'm trying to get it to work on Windows 7

Message 105 of 148 (1,627 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also need the patches and updates for sim golf! I am running a virtualbox with xp on it on windows 10 just for sim golf! Please make a new version for the ipad!!!!!!!!

Message 106 of 148 (1,557 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can I also get the patch?

Message 107 of 148 (1,528 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Could I please have the patches too? I can get the game going, but it chrashes when I go to edit my pro.

Message 108 of 148 (1,422 Views)

★ Novice

May I please also get the patch? Took ages to track down a copy in Aus and so keen to play again =D. Defs a good one to put up on Origin

Thank you,

B

Message 109 of 148 (1,406 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The Masters is nearly upon us and my once annual tradition looks to be in danger! Any suggestions for getting this gem of a game up and running on Windows 10?
Message 110 of 148 (1,387 Views)