Re: SimGolf on Win7+ later

by ncurry2

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

I also tried the  sc config secdrv start= auto command posted. It claims that it doesn't exist as an installed service. I own the physical copy of The Sims: Medieval but nothing works for me. Anyone have anything for me? Thanks. "I'm also on Win10"

Message 91 of 148 (2,994 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I get this message when I try to start the game: Please login with administrator privileges and try again.
I am the administrator and I still get that message, I have tryes the sc config thing but that did not help.
I use window 10 and have installed my own the Sim golf game. Do the patches help?

Please I like to have all the patches for the Sim golf game if that is possible.

Message 92 of 148 (2,981 Views)

★★ Novice

If you search on Google and type "update SimGolf", you will find it rapidly...  

Message 93 of 148 (2,967 Views)

★★★ Newbie

After I enter the command it says SUCCESS, then I started the game and nothing happened.Disappointed

Message 94 of 148 (2,900 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too, Ive tried everything suggested and it doesnt appear to change anything. Is there anyway to get the game to work?

Message 95 of 148 (2,773 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I've been checking back every couple months for a fix but still nothing.  Nils, is there any update on a workaround for this?  Much appreciated!

Message 96 of 148 (2,743 Views)

Re: Sim Golf

★★★ Newbie

Also having trouble running Simgolf on Windows 8. I can load it up okay but every now and again, the sound stops, and it freezes. If I then try clicking anywhere, it says simgolf has crashed and has to restart. What sort of settings and/or patch do I need to have?

Message 97 of 148 (2,587 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried using the CMD and entering the prompt but mine still doesn't work. I've tried it on my Windows 8 laptop and now on a Windows 10 machine and it's still not opening. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 98 of 148 (2,573 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also looking for all three patches pls. I seemed to have lost mine after tha last format.

Thnx

Message 99 of 148 (2,565 Views)

★ Guide

I am doing some "stuff" on my PC so thought to employ the Win7 laptop and play around with Sim Golf. It won't load. Says I don't have the proper permission. It worked before but doesn't now. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still no go. I've got the 1.03 patch. I don't know if it's cumulative or if I need the other two as well. Also, the only thing that changed is I installed Open Office because the laptop didn't come with Word

Thoughts?.

Message 100 of 148 (2,522 Views)