Re: SimGolf on Win7+ later

by swiggins87

Original Post

Re: Sim Golf

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue as others... on Windows 10, with 1.03 patch installed, and tried the "sc config secdrv start= auto" command, then running both the CD and the desktop link (CD as normal user, desktop link with 'Run as Admin') and no go.  Also updated to run win Windows XP SP3 mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Message 71 of 148 (3,142 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I tried this and ran in different compatability modes and still nothing happening on Windows 10.  Any help would be appreciated

Thanks 

Message 72 of 148 (3,182 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here; the suggested fix and the compatibility mode solutions don't do anything to help. Please let me know if there's another solution.

Additionally, that 1.03 patch sounds pretty good...

Message 73 of 148 (3,157 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried it and it simply says "The specified service does not exist as an installed service."

Message 74 of 148 (3,147 Views)

Sim Golf and Windows 10

★★★ Newbie

hi

I cant get simgolf to work on win 10! help please I've read previous comments but don't understand as I'm no computer wiz!

Message 75 of 148 (3,086 Views)

★★★ Newbie

SimGolf doesn't run in Win 7 easily and not at all in Win 10. That's because the disc based copy protection is blocked from running by the OS. You can disable this feature in Win 7 if you can find the appropriate patch to uninstall. It cannot be disabled in Win 10.

Message 76 of 148 (3,119 Views)

★★ Novice

See page 5 of this discussion, where it has actually been confirmed to work on Win10. Trying to get in touch with CraftMonsterTV for more details.

Message 77 of 148 (3,108 Views)

★ Novice

I tried this and it didn't seem to work what other settings do I need to have?

Message 78 of 148 (3,097 Views)

Community Manager

@henelsby wrote:

Is it possible to get all of the patches for Sim Golf? Thanks

@henelsby @LuckyDeee Pm for patch sent, you can find it here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Message 79 of 148 (3,073 Views)

★★ Novice

Excellent, thanks. Now to get this baby to run in the first place :S

Message 80 of 148 (3,070 Views)