Re: Sim Golf

by spiels222

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

I couldn't find it on official EA sites anymore.  Just broken links.

http://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/64-sid-meiers-simgolf-patch/  (green download button right side)

http://www.fileplanet.com/85690/download/SimGolf-v1.03

I downloaded it, ran a virus scan and opened it up to make sure it was what it said it was.  99% sure it's legit.

From Notes  (includes 1.01, 02 and 03)

Sid Meiers SimGolf v1.01 Patch Notes (1/29/2002
Resolves an issue with occasional crashes for tournaments that
had prize awards of 500k or more.
Message 21 of 148 (19,710 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I picked it back up too, but stuck on how to charge daily fees. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 22 of 148 (19,638 Views)

Community Manager

@Yendorma Hi,

It's been a very long time I played this game, but if I recall correctly, you need to reach a certain amount of holes in order to open it. It was either 6 or 9.

Are you close to that and can check whether that is the case?

Two links that should be helpful: 

Cheers,

Nils

Message 23 of 148 (19,634 Views)

Community Manager

@Yendorma I gave this a try at home yesterday.

Once you open the first hole, you ll get revenue from everyone playing that hole.

The magic number for the course is indeed 6. If you press the "i" button and then select "SGA Evaluation", it will show you how far along you are until your course can be opened.

Message 24 of 148 (19,631 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks. Sometimes you dig out old games, get hit with "...I should play this again!" but darned if you can't find the manual or remember how the heck to play. That was driving me nuts, googled it, found nothing.

Message 25 of 148 (19,625 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have noticed you are providing a link to the patch that will allow us to play 500K tournaments, would you mind doing the same for me?

Message 26 of 148 (19,580 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi could I also get the link to the 1.02 patch please?

Message 27 of 148 (19,554 Views)

SimGolf on Windows 10?

★★★ Novice

Found my old game cd's and now have a bug to play.  Can't seem to get it to run in any mode I try.  Does anyone know the secret?  Is there a patch for it to at least run in Windows 7 .  Thanks in advance

Message 28 of 148 (19,555 Views)

Re: SimGolf on Windows 10?

Message 29 of 148 (19,544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Could you please sent me the patch for Sid Meiers SimGolf? I just started playing the game again also. I used the link from above and downloaded the patch, I just have not idea how to install the patch. Maybe I didn't get the right patch. I get this message:

SimGolf Patch v1.03

Contains SimGolf executable and readme files which address issues from the shipped version (see readme.text for details).

Extract the contents of this exctable to the default Sid Meier’s SimGolf root directory.

(How do I do this) ??

Thanks for the help! 

Message 30 of 148 (19,509 Views)