SSX

by EA_Nils

Original Post

"Connecting to RiderNet"????

★★★ Newbie

I just bought SSX.  I've been looking forward to playing this since it came out.  When I put it into my PS3, it first downloaded the new updates for the game.  Then, after autosaving, a screen came up that in the bottom righthand corner says "Connecting to RiderNet".  It's been sitting on this screen now for 30 minutes at least.  I have tried quitting and restarting the game, turning off my PS3, confirming that I am connected to my wifi.  

WHY WON"T THE GAME PLAY!!!!????  What does this RiderNet mean and why won't it connect and get on with it?

Please help!

Message 40 of 231 (1,808 Views)

Re: "Connecting to RiderNet"????

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

RiderNet is kind of the online part of the game, so if you want to participate in world events and compete against all the players of the world, then you need that live connection.
If not you're stuck in explore mode and that grows old really fast.
On the other hand, it's good to build up your riders in that mode and it will update itself as soon as you're able to get connected.
How to do that I sadly can't help you with, but the last few times I checked EA wasn't big on support here, there or anywhere.
Only question I can ask you is, do you have an online pass ?

Best of luck and hope to ride against you soon ;o)

mrshuriken

Message 41 of 231 (1,784 Views)

Re: "Connecting to RiderNet"????

Community Manager (retired)

Hello there,

I've found this step-by-step on SSX's official forums, from another user with a similar problem. Give it a try:

1.Start the PS3.
2.Go to Account Management, press Triangle and "Sign Out".
3.Open SSX.
4.When asked to sign in press Circle to cancel.
5.Open Explore mode of the game (not Global).
6.Choose a drop and start it.
7.Pause the Event.
8.Press PS3 button on the remote.
9.Sign into the PSN from where Account Management was.
10.Press PS3 Button again, un-pause the game and finish the Event.

By the time you finish the race, it will sign you back into RiderNet successfully and you can then go to any aspect of the game without worry. Global Events works again in otherwords.

Let me know if this helps. Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 42 of 231 (1,779 Views)

I just did the recent update and now my Mount Eddie dlc is gone

★★★ Newbie

Message 43 of 231 (890 Views)

Re: I just did the recent update and now my Mount Eddie dlc is gone

Hello there,

Can you provide us with a bit more details?

What is the platform you are playing on? Did you try to redownload the DLC?

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
Message 44 of 231 (888 Views)

Global Events

★★★ Newbie

Hi, every time I try to access Global Events, I get this message, "...your gamertag does not have the correct permissions to access this feature..." . I'm lost...what do I have to do to gain access to Global Events?

Thanks!

CircularFoil08

Message 45 of 231 (1,052 Views)

Re: Global Events

Do you have parental control on?

Message 46 of 231 (1,050 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, that was one of the first things I thought of.  I've already redeemed the code that came with the game (new)....do I need to buy an additional one to access the feature? That doesn't sound right.

Message 47 of 231 (1,048 Views)

Re: SSX/PS3/Credit Dump/Server Connection

Hello MrShuriken,

I have contacted the studio regarding this issue and here's their response:

There is an issue with SSX where players who collect over 2.1 billion credits may potentially have their balance reset to 0 credits.  We had believed that this was fixed in the last Title Update, but it seems to still be occurring for some players. 

In order to avoid having your credit balance reset, please keep your balance under two billion credits.

Thank you for your patience.

I suggest that you get in touch with a Game Advisor via the Contact Us page to sort out your credit balance.

Thanks for your patience.

Message 48 of 231 (1,093 Views)

I think your best bet at this point is to get in touch with a Game Advisor.

Message 49 of 231 (1,035 Views)