SSX

by EA_Nils

Original Post

SSX On line pass

★★★ Newbie

I got a new playstation 3 and I am trying to activate the on line pass. I get ERROR please try purchasing from store. I am the original owner of the game. Thank you for your help.

Message 20 of 231 (1,264 Views)

Re: Ssx Trophy Peek a boo trouble

★★★ Newbie

I have cleared 100% of the trophies for this game so I think I can help since this was one of my issues as well. First off, make sure you are in the correct game mode. Then as annoyng as this may seem, it does help make sure you do not miss anything.... But make a complete list of each location you need to go to (even if you know or think you have already been there, do it again anyway since occassionally the game doesnt properly register it to your save that you have. Which was my issue here.) After making the complete list, go in and start clearing areas off one by one until you either complete the trophy requirement part way through the list (as I did about 3/4 of the way through mine) or finish the list. Sometimes the game needs to have you do it all in one session without quitting out or anything for some reason. But it is able to be done, just have patience and persistance and repeat the process if you have to until it clears. I hope this was helpful and that you get your trophy soon.

Message 21 of 231 (1,224 Views)

Re: Total loss of credits

★★★ Newbie

From what I have heard about from friends that have had this issue is that it is a game glitch related to how the game keeps track of your credit total. When the code reaches a certain point (the 2.1 billion mark in this case) then it has reached what is refered to as a "cap" (like how in games like World of Warcraft or other RPG's have a level cap that the player cannot exceed unless it it raised) However, most games properly code for this issue to make for any increase past this cap to be discarded, the code in SSX however attempts to add the credits on anyway and makes the total rollover, causing your credit balance to rollover and be reset back to 0. This was supposedly fixed in a recent patch from what I have heard, but maybe it is still an issue that EA needs to address and fix. As was mentioned already however, the only way to fix this issue and get your credits back would be to contact customer service and have them fix it for you. This may be problematic to do however since when I tried to call the number included with the game manual, SSX was not one they offered support for and instead told me to go to the site for help which does nothing to help the problem except aggrivate the customer further. But if you can find a way to get help from customer service then you should be fine. And in the future, keep an eye on your credit balance in game and try to keep it under that cap in the future fo avoid this issue until it officially patched and fixed.

Message 22 of 231 (1,438 Views)

Re: Can I use my own music in SSX or do I have to use the in-game music?

★★★ Newbie

This solution is correct. However, I would like to add some notes to this feature for other users to keep in mind if they use it.

First off, keep your playlists titled something easy to remember what songs are in them so you know what mode to apply them to. If you have prefered music for your racing that is different from your trick preferences or survival preferences, make sure you have seperate lists for each and can tell them apart.

Second, be careful not to in any way move, delete, rename or in any way change a song file without making sure its updated in your playlist. If the game finds any data out of place while trying to load a song from a playlist, it will kill the process and not play any music until you either reboot your game or change the music back to the default soundtrack on the game disc. In rare occassions this glitch will crash your game as well and can be a serious issue should you be in an event.

Third and final note from my experience with custom playlists is do not adjust the volume of the music tracks when playing them on the PS3 outside of the game unless you want the volume level changed in game as well. For some reason the game also reads the volume control data from the song file and this can cause them to be played either too loud or too quiet in game. The PS3 saves what volume you play individual song files on when you play them on the system so if you play a song with the volume maxed out and then change songs, the next time you play that song it will make sure the volume is at max again for you since you made it a preference. SSX recognizes this change in data from the file and reflects it in game. Keep this in mind if you play your music outside the game as well.

I hope that this information is also helpful for others. If this helped you in anyway, please dont forget to show your appreciation by hitting the XP button.

Message 23 of 231 (3,109 Views)

Re: X360 Boards and Riders DLC not available in Australia

★ Novice

I have indeed cross-checked against both the Xbox Marketplace and the in-game store.

This link leads to the Australian Xbox Web Marketplace for SSX, showing only the game addons available in that territory: SSX - Xbox.com

Message 24 of 231 (1,420 Views)

World Tour and Character reset!!!

★★★ Newbie

I signed into xbox live this morning and connected to rider net to find out that World Tour = 0/9 Decents and global and explore mode were locked! :S

I also have lost all my leveled chacters that i had spents millions gearing and leveling. all this time wasted and its gone! I still have 31,011,386 credits but what use is that without characters please some one help me ASAP! Frown

Message 25 of 231 (1,292 Views)

SSX money

★★★ Newbie

I started the game today and my account was at 0 dollars, I was at 2.3 billion. what do I do?

Message 26 of 231 (1,424 Views)

Re: PS3 mic problems in game help?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Well I traded the game in again! Thanks for NOTHING EA! Man what a bunch of crap. Bought the game and it didn't have advertised features, traded it in. Then they added them, rebought the game, but they didn't work on the PS3. Someone comes on here and talks to me like they are going to fix it. Then never comes back. So I traded it back in, again, for last time. EA you just SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man don't you get tired of hearing soooooooooo many people say that to you over the years???? I run my own business and if I treated people like you do, I could not sleep, and would probably go jump off a high place. Stealing money, plain and simple. Should be illegal!!!!!!!!

Message 27 of 231 (1,149 Views)

Re: SSX On line pass

★★★ Newbie

send them an email explaining what happened or call them and they will help you out and maybe chuck in some freebies for the incovinience . hope this helps Confusedmileyvery-happy: 

Message 28 of 231 (1,252 Views)

How do I get Travis rice?

★★★ Newbie

I want to get Travis rice but don't know how? Please Help Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 29 of 231 (1,161 Views)