Re: Why won’t EA make another Rugby Game?

by ivrognard

Original Post

Rugby 2020

★★★ Newbie

Can EA sports make another rugby game ? Can we get an answer I’m sure I’m not the only fan that keeps asking these questions. 

please don’t reply with a generic answer tell the fans what to do in order for EA sports to make another rugby game ?  

Or could you direct us into the right direction so we can make this a reality for many fans of the rugby world. 

Message 1 of 12 (746 Views)

Will EA make another Rugby Game?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi Any news as to why EA wont make another rugby game?

(CM Post split from necro'd thread)

Message 2 of 12 (837 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Joram6915 I have no updates on any plans for a rugby game but I will pass your feedback on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 12 (782 Views)

Re: Rugby 2020

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us @Sonalevu1991.

I will pass it on to the team.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 12 (675 Views)

Rugby Please!!!!!!

★★ Novice

Hi,

what would it take for EA to make a Rugby game? imagine how amazing a Rugby game from EA would be Frown

Message 5 of 12 (694 Views)

@Joram6915 for now, the license is with a different company, for an unknown time period. Hopefully, once the license expires, EA will pick it up. Trouble is: rugby is a niche sport. So the sales wouldn't be anywhere near what EA would want. The license isn't as lucrative as FIFA, NFL, NHL and NBA.

There are Rugby games made since EA lost the license, but they are plainly bad, at best mediocre. The ball is in the Rugby federation court, so to speak. Are they happy with the current license owner?! Or will they cancel it and try to convince one of the bigger devs/publishers to take over?!

There are a few other sports that EA had and made them better than the current license owners: golf, baseball, rugby, NASCAR racing, NCAA and even cricket. But sadly, EA doesn't have the licenses for any of them, for now. I hope that this will change at some point and we will get better games than what we were offered in the past 10 years.

It doesn't even have to be EA. I'd take any major developer with a passion for making sports video-games. But for now, this is the cruel reality: small devs, without the budget available in a big company, creating mediocre sports games.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 6 of 12 (767 Views)

EA - Inclusion & Diversity

★★ Novice

According to EA's commitments, one of the points are "Inclusion and Diversity"

Can you guys consider and include your Rugby fans? Pleeease Frown

Message 7 of 12 (770 Views)

Re: Rugby 2020

★★ Novice

i'm with you on this one. A rugby game from EA is really needed. i'd be okay if they only released one for every World Cup. 

Rugby 08 up until today is still the best rugby game out there and that was many consoles ago.

if only EA could release some sort of survey or ask the community if they would be interested in one to get a game to happen that would be amazing!

Message 8 of 12 (660 Views)

Re: EA - Inclusion & Diversity

@Legendkiller4786 Please, don't spam.

The CM's can only present the feedback to the higher-ups. The higher-ups decide if they will pursue the license in a future bidding or not. And even if the higher-ups decide to pursue the license, it's up to the Rugby Federation who gets the license. 

Currently the rugby videogame developing license is with Eko Software. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 9 of 12 (741 Views)

Re: EA - Inclusion & Diversity

★★ Novice

@ivrognard Sorry for spamming.

if you are a rugby fan like myself, you would understand how frustrating it is. Rugby games have been and still are very poor up until this day.

i understand that you putting lots of emphasis on licensing, but if you look at the size of those companies, it’s not on the same level as EA. So once again, licensing won’t be an issue.

the real issue is that they are worried about is demand, which leads to why I’m spamming.

they need to somehow send out a team or do some research on their consumers to find out if we would be interested in a rugby game from EA. I can tell you now these few little questions from some of the people on these forums are nothing.

most people in gaming groups and even sport groups reminisce about rugby 08 and that it hasn’t been the same since then.

i mentioned in some other topic discussion that I’d be okay with a 4 year cycle. If that helps with them worrying about sales.

also, I get that Canada and the US are not that fond of rugby. But the rest of the world is!

Message 10 of 12 (727 Views)