Road Rash

by abartlett1968

Original Post

Re: Reborn of Road Rash game series

★★★★★ Newbie

I so support Andrew Spitsin with his petition.

If you've played The Crew by ubisoft game recently or the last two Need For Speed games you can't help feel ''What if this was a bike and this was Road Rash?!''. They are both immersive and engaging driving games but both missing that something more.

I can't help when playing The Crew driving from east coast to west coast and imagine riding a bike and having bike combat with a cop on a bike as if it was road rash! The Crew map is so huge and fast and full of motorcycle potential.

Need For Speed by yourselves could so easily be Road Rash. It seems like it is a locked away successor because of Road Rash with it's lush and very diverse terrain, extremely fast but also highly playable.

EA- you guys nailed Road Rash 3D. Even jailbreak was fun but more old styled to the older games. 3D was huge and really so many treacherous roads to ride! Also the diverse biker groups and hangouts really made it gritty and it felt competitive!
Oh and a really good soundtracks, which kind of put me into music direction back when I was 13 because of Road Rash 3D!!

It would be a shame to just shelve this series, as so many like myself have spent so many hours on playstation, the mega drive and many other consoles etc, as so many other people have been playing this series over the decades. There is the huge potential of online multiplayer now, and the graphics capability for even home consoles would be amazing to see a next ben road rash surface.

ps the guys who made GTA didn't have any problems when they made that Road Rash influenced GTA game the lost and the damned :D

Sean
@SeanSmith_1985

Message 21 of 39 (1,296 Views)

Re: Reborn of Road Rash game series

★★★★ Novice

Anh_24485

Thank you for supporting me. I hope EA will hear us and other gamers.

Message 22 of 39 (1,280 Views)

Re: Road Rash 3

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

EA Community Managers, please, somebody of you, let us know what EA think of Road Rash franchise? Is it burned in hell or maybe we may see a sequel/restart of series? Maybe petition can help with speeding up this process?

Message 23 of 39 (1,261 Views)

New Road Rash

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi there

I just finished  playing Road Redemption a game that copies Road Rash and is available on Steam  . I love the game and have all the previous Road Rash games made . They are making the game for PS4 and X box One. . If some small game developer can see that a profit can be made on this is there any reason why you guys couldn't make another Road Rash ? 

Thanks 

John MacDonald 

Message 24 of 39 (1,200 Views)

Re: Road Rash 3

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I would be in favour of another Road Rash game also . IF EA is worried  about a profit all they need to do is check out  the numbers for Road Redemption which started out with a Kick Starter campaign .I purchased the game off Steam and it is an excellent upgrade  on earlier Road Rash games.

Thanks

John MacDonald

Message 25 of 39 (1,209 Views)

Road Rash

★★★ Newbie

I have purchased an original version of the Road Rash game and would like to be able to play it on my current Windows 8 operating system.  Please let me know what I need to do in order to play the game.

Message 26 of 39 (1,181 Views)

Re: Road Rash

Message 27 of 39 (820 Views)

Message 27 of 39 (820 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@abartlett1968 Wow, that's a game I haven't heard mentioned in a long time. Unfortunately it's not supported on modern OS's, and there are no official workarounds. I did a quick search and there are plenty of unofficial workarounds, but we haven't tested any of these so can't recommend them either way.

The main issues seem to be related with actually installing on a 64-bit OS and getting the colours to display properly, but otherwise it doesn't seem to be too tricky, at least compared to other older games. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 27 of 39 (1,175 Views)

Attn EA, Bring back a classic to next gen - Road Rash!

★★★ Newbie

Greeting; One and all.

I was going through some of my old games; I came across a classic from when I was a kid; Road Rash. I feel that after all this time ( somewhere around 15-16 years now since it was last seen) it's time to bring this series back. With today's advancements in gaming, Road Rash could be a hit all over again. What was better then riding down a road, smacking those trying to pass you with clubs, chains, or even kicking them out of  the way!

So to the EA staff; and my old school gamers, what do ya say? Bring back Road Rash on next gen PS4! (and I guess xbox one could have it too).

Message 30 of 39 (1,039 Views)