Revival request of Darkspore (followers needed)

by devilinar

Original Post

Revival request of Darkspore (followers needed)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This is a duplicate of my original, but the original appears to be only in my native language. thats why i reposted it in the international section.

With this topic i am trying to get life blown back into one of our favorite retired games Darkspore.

Goal of this post is to get Darkspore available again to the public.

Dear EA,

A lot of players were excited when Darkspore got launched. We understand the reasoning for it being taken down when there was no stable playerbase.

However over the past years i have seen a lot of activity requesting the revival of Darkspore through petitions, forum ranting and personal conversations just to name a few.

With this in mind i am certain that a relaunch of Darkspore is a pretty safe bet for it getting a stable playerbase around this time.

I know that Darkspore has quite a number of bugs which needs to be fixed and that EA had pretty much abandoned the title in its incomplete state.

So below i am gonna name a few goals of which i am sure all darkspore fans would be happy to see 1 of these options being granted and some of these goals would be easier to reach then others considdering the amount of work and time needed to invest into it.

1: Relaunch darkspore with an offline patch and mod support. ( i know for sure that there are excellent modders that would be able and willing to fix the bugs )

2: Possibly reinvest into a studio to have a small team work on the revival and existance of Darkspore.

3: Make the source code available to the community so that we can revive it ourself. ( i would be willing to find a team to work towards that goal ).

This was my plea towards EA.

Dear community,

In order to convince EA of the above message i am in dire need of your support.

Spread the word about this post  and let us gather a following overwelming EA with the proof that Darkspore NEEDS to be revived.

Share it with everyone.

Sorry for the somewhat bad english. Its not my native language.

thanks in advance,

Devilinar

Message 1 of 20 (4,707 Views)

Re: Revival request of Darkspore (followers needed)

★★ Novice

Great make it happen !

Message 2 of 20 (4,665 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Would love to see this happen! 

Message 3 of 20 (4,645 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Make Darkspore Great again!
Message 4 of 20 (4,621 Views)

★★★ Novice
Would love to see Darkspore return!
Message 5 of 20 (4,609 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Would love this game back again!

Message 6 of 20 (4,501 Views)

★★★ Novice

If only EA would make the server code available as free proprietary or open source I am sure that the community would be glad to host it.

Message 7 of 20 (4,264 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, there are no plans that I am aware of to bring Darkspore back. It's great to see that the game has such a loyal following. 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 20 (5,610 Views)

★★ Novice
I don't understand, why not just make this an offline game? I was always playing it SP anyways....
Just listened to the Junkie XL Music score again, it was AMAZING!
Message 9 of 20 (4,245 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry but we're still here.

This game is too unique to give up on.  There's not another game like it, look around!  

Checking my Steam stats, I bought the Limited edition with 184 hours played, we need this game back in some form or another.

I can see a patch coming for single player, and people complain that it's not online, and then it's online and people complain of OP characters or bugs.  That's ok!

There's so much potential here, like I said there is not another game like it and the hard part of making it is already done.

Please?

-Aeri

Message 10 of 20 (4,005 Views)