Re: Revival request of Darkspore (followers needed)

by Mephaisto

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Darko wrote:

Hey all, there are no plans that I am aware of to bring Darkspore back. It's great to see that the game has such a loyal following. 

EA loses nothing by patching the game to be single player, or releasing the server source code. You aren't making money on it now, but if you were to do either, you could relaunch the game at a low price and potentially get sales again. Even if not, you still lose nothing by allowing those of us who did pay for the game to be able to actually play it, and in fact would gain community and player base favor, which would in turn make us more likely to purchase future products from EA. I, for one, have no intention of buying into any future online only titles produced by EA until this game is available to play again.

Message 11 of 20 (1,908 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Its a nice game which needs to be brought back to life.

Message 12 of 20 (1,870 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I suppoert a revival

Message 13 of 20 (1,693 Views)

★★ Guide

"1: Relaunch darkspore with an offline patch and mod support. ( i know for sure that there are excellent modders that would be able and willing to fix the bugs )"

Yes, absolutely. There is at least one active Maxis studio left, who might have the necessary code.

Ironically, there are online-only games that have poor player counts to this day but have not been shut down yet (talking to you, C&C 4).

Message 14 of 20 (1,672 Views)

★★★★ Novice

good point. why keep C&C4 alive which  to my believes recieves more critics then darkspore ever had. get to stay online.

Message 15 of 20 (1,659 Views)

★★★★ Novice

also i am so amazed with the support this topic is already getting on its own. but if we want to accomplish this goal. we need more following. so please share this among your friends. who knows how many more will follow. thanks in advance.

Message 16 of 20 (1,657 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm hoping that will happen.
Message 17 of 20 (1,467 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am completely with you, I am that far that after Darkspore and Spartacus Online I will not ever again buy a game from EA, because to me they are not GAMER-ORIENTATED.

Thats really sad, because right now they give us a * and ignoring completely what real fans/gamers are wanting.

To me EA is dead, until one of this 3 options is completed.

1. Give the money back i paid for Darkspore!

2. Make an offline mode or give the source code to the people which bought the game

3. Bring it back online!

EA, your greed is killing your fans slowly, thats not how it should work!

Message 18 of 20 (1,339 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it was a great game and really wish it to be revived

Message 19 of 20 (1,086 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I think the community at this point don't care if EA bring it back, we just want the server's code to be made public or part of it so that we can start working on open sourcing it and creating private servers, we'll pay for it EA don't have to spend a cent .... just release the code ... EA don't need it , we do. 

I don't understand why they would hide the code like they ever going to do anything with it, preventing gamers to enjoy one of their favorite games.

This game is such a marvel.

Whoever made the choice to shut it down is a big douche.

Message 20 of 20 (586 Views)