Re: cant connect to ea server xbox one

by hellpop664

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I am unable to connect to the EA servers on my Xbox One, my router settings are good but I changed my Xbox live password a couple weeks ago. I checked and my accounts are linked on EA page. Could it be remembering my old password in the linking and how do I fix this? I have tried removing my account from my Xbox One and re-adding it. I also rebooted my Xbox One, but no luck. It is an Xbox 360 game, Kingdoms Of Amalur.

Message 1 of 5 (1,686 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Solved my issue. I needed to change my password within the Xbox One emulator for 360 games. Hitting both menu buttons simultaneously opens the 360 menu, then I had to log into Xbox Live with my new password. Apparently, the emulator remembered my old password even though I had logged into the console with my new password. Issue was never on the EA side! Thanks anyway!

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (1,526 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi, @hellpop664 

Do you still need help connecting to the EA servers? Your password can be reset at Origin.com or Help.EA.com

If you need any help getting into your EA account our Live-Support team can always assist you. 

Click here to contact an EA Advisor

EA Account Help

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,650 Views)

★★ Novice

My password is fine. Both my Xbox and EA passwords are working. It seems like my EA games that are for 360 and emulated on my Xbox One, are not connecting to Xbox Live. My console is connected, but the games can't seem to detect it? I'm starting to think there is more to this.

Message 3 of 5 (1,627 Views)

Community Manager

Try logging into Help.EA.com using your Microsoft credentials. If you are already signed in, sign out so the login screen will pop up with the Xbox logo. Once signed in, try launching the game on your Xbox One to see if you are then able to connect.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 5 (1,623 Views)

★★ Novice

Solved my issue. I needed to change my password within the Xbox One emulator for 360 games. Hitting both menu buttons simultaneously opens the 360 menu, then I had to log into Xbox Live with my new password. Apparently, the emulator remembered my old password even though I had logged into the console with my new password. Issue was never on the EA side! Thanks anyway!

Message 5 of 5 (1,527 Views)