Portal 2

by lophusjm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Portal 2

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have just downloaded Portal 2 from Xbox Live and have experienced constant bugs, I have been literally unable to play the game because of them.

First the game froze on the loading screen before I even got to the main menu, I re-downloaded, deleted my system cache and market data and had no luck. I contacted X-box live support who advised I delete it again, then install another game to fill the slot created by Portal 2 and then re-download it once more. I did so and was finally able to access the main menu. 

When I started the game I was unable to move the character. I could orient the camera at any angle but was unab le to actually control her movements, I tried numerous controller configurations but none had any effect. Xbox support prompted me to contact EA.  After several more re-starts and system clears I was finally able to move and thus proceed with the opening chapter for approximately one minute before more bugs arose. In this opening scene in the game the chamber the character is in is smashed into a wall aloowing her to escape, during this the walls and floor kept vanishing and reappearing whilst the camera clipped through other objects. When the sequence was over I was unable to leave the room as there was no exit, not even a hole, Eventually I clipped through a wall and recieved an achievement. The game then immediately restarted and has done so every time since. This is not even in the game yet and yet I have been hindered at every turn. I would appreciate any advise anyone can give, thanks.

Message 1 of 2 (306 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Portal 2 Immediate Bugs.

Anonymous

Hi,

Portal 2 is not an EA game. I could be mistaken but I think EA was only the retail distributor for the game.
For support I think it is best to contact Valve/Steam.

https://support.steampowered.com/

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (319 Views)

All Replies

Re: Portal 2 Immediate Bugs.

Anonymous

Hi,

Portal 2 is not an EA game. I could be mistaken but I think EA was only the retail distributor for the game.
For support I think it is best to contact Valve/Steam.

https://support.steampowered.com/

Message 2 of 2 (320 Views)