Populous: The Beginning

by franktubbs

Original Post

Re: Populous: The Beginning

★★★ Novice

Oh and i did promote the website in all my videos (www.popre.net) but like i said in my previous post, i discourage visiting that website or using any of their services, these videos were made by me a few years ago when i was still in control of the service.

I started the service 20 years ago, but as i mentioned too i got screwed over by 2 people who i used to trust with everything, even shared control over the service with 1 of them but thats all over now, i will probably start a new service very soon and i will keep people up to date here too once its available.

The new service will still be called Populous: Reincarnated and will be offered to you by the official team who created PopRe, the one which is hosted on www.popre.com is now unofficial since they dont even have the right to use that name, i created that name and the logo with they hand but they forcefully took control over it and shoo'ed me away by posting all my private information, including login names, passwords and even bank account info which they obtained through hacking my accounts on Hipchat, Popre forum, etc etc.

If you do decide to visit their website and use their service, good luck, dont say i didnt warn you Wink

Message 51 of 55 (1,484 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Guys, after some digging on google I guess I found the solution that worked for me at least.

Reinstalled origin (using last full version);

Open origin as administrator;

Reinstalled the game;

The game start to launch from origin and it`s running fine;

Side problems:

Maybe you need to disable the compatibility mode from the populous .exe file, this was causing to me a terrible mouse lag

Message 52 of 55 (1,431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem as well, can confirm that exiting origin, running origin as admin, the game runs fine.

Windows 10 64 bit is my OS.

Message 53 of 55 (1,250 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

this worked for me as well

Message 54 of 55 (985 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me after ages of trying other things. Thanks so much!

Message 55 of 55 (574 Views)