Re: Populous: The Beginning

by MasterTurlough

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

The problem could be the version of your Operating System is incompatible with the game; i.e. the game was made for a 32-bit OS, but you are trying to play it on a 64-bit OS. I'm afraid it won't work. I have a Dell Optiplex 380 PC with the 32-bit version of Windows XP installed and the game loads and runs fine. My advice to you would be to back up all your data, uninstall your current OS, then try loading the game after you've installed the 32-bit version of your OS instead.

Hope this helps.

Message 41 of 55 (3,345 Views)

Re: Populous the beginning wont start

★★★★★ Newbie

How can i start the poptb without origin starts?, every time i try to start the game the origin launcher starts and nothing more happends, (sorry for my bad english), i think if i could only start poptb.exe maybe will be possible play, how to stop origin to start when i try to open the game?, when i try to play the game it only attempt to start the game and then suddenly stops and crash. i need help please.

Message 42 of 55 (3,202 Views)

Re: Populous the beginning wont start

★★★★★ Newbie
how do you close origin and stop of being launched when you start the game?
Message 43 of 55 (3,196 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

If i were you, i would request for a refund. They should have taken it off the site years ago. They need to stop putting in old games that won't work on these computers anymore.

Message 44 of 55 (2,804 Views)

★★★ Newbie
ridiculous.
Message 45 of 55 (2,168 Views)

★ Novice

If anyone still has problem with this i managed to fix the issue simply by running origin as admin

Message 46 of 55 (2,099 Views)

Re: populous the new beginning crash.

★★★ Newbie
@zztineofie Same here
Message 47 of 55 (1,963 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@franktubbs

Ive been having the same problem with the origin version, I just found something that worked for me, that is; it didnt get this version from origin working, but the guy has an alternative solution in his youtube video here that did work for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ_TkQIF00E&feature=emb_title
Message 48 of 55 (1,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@rcs300 

Thats not a real solution, its merely the way to launch the game in software mode, theres a patch which makes D3D also work now but i dont know the download link for it, besides that the service Populous Reincarnated is no longer under my personal control anymore, its now being managed by 2 very untrustworthy people of which one hacked all my accounts and posted some very private information about me in public for everyone to see, which compromised my email account, bank account and other personal services i registered to.

I highly recommend not to visit or use any services hosted by Populous Reincarnated, the people who are now controlling it may use all your personal information against you if you ever "annoy" them, and i'm not the only person they did this to, theres dozens of people who they screwed over, they even screwed over Electronic Arts and are hosting an illegal version of a compiled version of the game, which EA never gave them consent to, so if you do download their BETA version you could get into problems too just like me.

Greets,

TheGabber.

Message 49 of 55 (1,502 Views)

★★★ Novice

watch this video, it shows the difference between Software, Hardware mode and Hardware mode with increased FPS:

Populous Undiscovered Worlds (SW vs HW vs HW+60fps) - YouTube

Message 50 of 55 (1,500 Views)