Populous II: Trials of the Olympian Gods

by riccardochan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Populous II: Trials of the Olympian Gods

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

Recently I bought an ancient game "Populous 2 & 3"  (a 199x years DOS game) from the Origin portal, during game play, the game asks me about the password. This prevents me to advance to the next level in the game.It is believed to be a funny anti-pirate "security issue" which always seen in the 90's games.

I would wish to ask for how can I get those correct password from nowadays without a game manual hard copy?

Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 2 (433 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Populous II: Trials of the Olympian Gods

Community Manager

@riccardochan Hi,

I am slightly puzzled as far as I know you shouldn't be asked for your password for starting Populous 2. We had this in Populous 1 but you were able to get past that screen by just entering anything.

I am curious, how are you starting your Populous 2, are you just using the Origin Client to play the game are you trying to use a shortcut on the desktop or trying to start the game by opening an executable in the game installation folder directly?

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (442 Views)

All Replies

Re: Populous II: Trials of the Olympian Gods

Community Manager

@riccardochan Hi,

I am slightly puzzled as far as I know you shouldn't be asked for your password for starting Populous 2. We had this in Populous 1 but you were able to get past that screen by just entering anything.

I am curious, how are you starting your Populous 2, are you just using the Origin Client to play the game are you trying to use a shortcut on the desktop or trying to start the game by opening an executable in the game installation folder directly?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 2 (443 Views)