Original Harry Potter Games on Origin

by RianneJ_94

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Original Harry Potter Games on Origin

★★★ Newbie

I was just wondering whether the original Harry Potter games could be added to Origin or if there is a plan to do this?

These were some of the best games from my childhood and i would very much like to play them again.

I know people have said to buy the games from Amazon but they are hard to run on windows 10 and come with multiple issues.

it would be fab if you could do something like what you did with the original tomb raider games using DOS-BOX to run them.

Regards,

Rianne Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (8,390 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Original Harry Potter Games on Origin

Community Manager

HI @ananinamkea To confirm I am unaware of plans of adding the older Harry Potter titles to the EA App platform. As mentioned you may want to look into older physical copies however please be aware most often CD keys on older used games are already redeemed to someone's account and our support would be unable to activate them on a new account. 

For more information on where to purchase EA games check out our help article: Where to buy EA digital download games and virtual currency

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (826 Views)

All Replies

@RianneJ_94 sadly that is not possible. When the license expired, EA could not renewed it, as the other bidder was Warner. And while EA is a big gaming corporation, it doesn't even come to a fraction of what a media giant like Warner can offer. So now, the license for making videogames berlongs to Warner and EA can't sell any of the games that they've developed in the franchise. And Warner has zero interest into bringing those games back, as they are not developed by them and they would have to give EA some money, too, for the tech used in the developing of the games made by EA. It's a situation where the only true loser is the custoemr, sadly.

I consider that EA did an awesome job with the Harry Potter franchise, but J.K.Rowlings went for the highest bidder and we've seen all what Warner did with the Harry Potter IP (two Lego games and a few bad mobile games, nothing on par with what EA did).

The only way to play those old games is to get an old PC with Windows 7 or lower installed on it. I hope that when the license will expire, J.K. will grant the license to someone that actually will do something with the IP.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 5 (8,358 Views)

★ Novice

I just redeemed Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 on my Origin. Found the code on a Physical DVD copy offline.

If you want it, I recommend search for physical copies in the offline market, maybe you can get it too like I did or through some digital code resellers. 😁✌

All the best! 😁

Message 3 of 5 (4,463 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@battlingnebula97 Hey is there another way the get deathly hallows on origin?.Im trying to get that game but no luck.
Message 4 of 5 (836 Views)

Community Manager

HI @ananinamkea To confirm I am unaware of plans of adding the older Harry Potter titles to the EA App platform. As mentioned you may want to look into older physical copies however please be aware most often CD keys on older used games are already redeemed to someone's account and our support would be unable to activate them on a new account. 

For more information on where to purchase EA games check out our help article: Where to buy EA digital download games and virtual currency

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 5 (827 Views)