Nox

by lisaannbeltz

Original Post

Broken cd (Nox)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello Ea Team! When i was a kid i loved the game game nox. I kept playing until more games came out. I lost it a few years back but I recently found it. 1 thing: The 1st disc was cracked in half. I was wondering if you could give me a download link to the game or something? My serial number for the game is [Personal Information - Removed]

Message 11 of 20 (1,020 Views)

Re: Broken cd (Nox)

★★★ Newbie

And please let it be legal

Message 12 of 20 (1,017 Views)

NOX won't run on windows 10 due to an older version of OLEAUT32.DLL

★★★ Newbie

I have downloaded the update from a few different sites and restarted my computer to retry the setup and I still get the same error message. HELP!

Message 13 of 20 (1,007 Views)

Re: NOX won't run on windows 10 due to an older version of OLEAUT32.DLL

Community Manager

@dusty8958 Hi,

You said you downloaded the update, where did you do that? And do you mean for the .dll file or for NOX?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 14 of 20 (997 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The .dll file. I downloaded it from microsoft and couple others from a a google search, but nothing works.

Message 15 of 20 (986 Views)

Community Manager

@dusty8958 Hi again,

Alright, in that case I would suggest that you use the System File Checker as highlighted here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/kb/929833

Let me know whether that helps in restoring the file and let's you proceed.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 16 of 20 (983 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the original 2-disc set with a product key. It also comes with a vbrun60.exe on the disc, but it doesn't work after using that either. Here is an attachment of the original error message in a screenshot.

Message 17 of 20 (980 Views)

Community Manager

@dusty8958 Alright, so I suppose you had tried to run this file as instructed, but without success?

You could also try installing the Service Pack 6 for Visual Basic 6.0 here to see where that let's you proceed: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24417

Cheers,

Nils

Message 18 of 20 (975 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I ran the system checker it said that windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations.
Message 19 of 20 (974 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I have tried that. It was the first download I had tried.

Message 20 of 20 (970 Views)