Nox stopped working/can't launch

by Lynos200

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Nox stopped working/can't launch

★★★ Novice

Hello folks

I've been playing this game for a few days now without any significant issues. Last night when I tried to launch it ,it failed, saying that "synch with cloud was not complete" or something of the sort.

I tried a few more times, including restrating both my windows 10 and the Origin client, but nothing helped.

I did "Repair" but was informed that files could not be installed and it gave me an error number (don't remember what it was, sadly).

I then uninstalled Origin and re-installed it on a different drive.

I copied Nox to the same drive.

I downloaded Origin again

I downloaded Nox again successfully.

Game still won't launch. The "play" box is actually greyed out. I can't even click it.

Any suggestions? I'm out of ideas.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 24 (25,924 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Nox stopped working/can't launch

Champion (Retired)

I know this is a bit necroing a thread but I managed to get the Nox working sometime earlier with the help of NoxSolution and actually unticking all the compatibility settings: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Can-t-launch-Nox/m-p/6220463#M265315

View in thread

Message 24 of 24 (26,307 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Lynos200

Give the following a try and let us know if it works for you too, thanks.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/NOX-game-would-not-load/m-p/5778477#M239284

barry.png
Message 2 of 24 (25,884 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello

Ok, I did the same thing. Signed out of Origin, restarted my computer, signed in again...

Game still won't launch.

When I click it it just acts as if it's doing something, but then I'm thrown back into Origin.

At least it's letting me click it this time...

Message 3 of 24 (25,876 Views)

Community Manager

@Lynos200

Okay so, right click and Repair the game and retry again.

If it still will not run, check the following link for info on running the Compatibility Troubleshooter as that can help with running older games on newer operating systems:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/15078/windows-make-older-programs-compatible

barry.png
Message 4 of 24 (25,863 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi 

I can certainly do that, but as I mentioned in my original post I already tried repairing (did it twice, actually) and it didn't help at all. I'll try it a third time but I'm very skeptic.

As for compatibilty mode, the game worked just fine until yesterday. I already logged 9 hours on it. So I'm not sure if that's the issue. The whole thing began when it tried to synch with the cloud and something went wrong in the process. Ever since then it's not working. Any other ideas why that might be?

Should I disable cloud synch from now on? Seems to be more trouble then it's worth.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 24 (25,860 Views)

Community Manager

@Lynos200

Sorry for suggesting a repair again. Maybe try disabling cloud saves to see if that gets it going.

barry.png
Message 6 of 24 (25,856 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried to repair and got this for the third time: "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again in a few moments. Error: 327684:1"

Disabling cloud saves did not help either. It's not doing the synching thing, but it's still not launching. 

Message 7 of 24 (25,855 Views)

Community Manager

@Lynos200

Are you on a Mac running Windows 10?

barry.png
Message 8 of 24 (25,847 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, I'm on a PC. I am running Windows 10, yes.

Message 9 of 24 (25,846 Views)

Community Manager

@Lynos200

While I try something here on my machine can you go to the games' settings, game properties and deselect Origin in game and retry.

I will follow up again here in a short time.

barry.png
Message 10 of 24 (25,842 Views)