Nox not installing

by BDR666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Nox not installing

★★★★★ Novice

I downloaded Nox, but I am unable to install it at all. Every time I try to install the game it will tell me that the install was complete, but when I go to play the game I only see the option to install it. I have tried several times to install it but no luck whatsoever. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 9 (34,054 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Nox not installing

★ Guide

Might want to try an update of your signatures first, then rescan, the link above shows Avast (and the other alternatives I mentioned) giving it the all clear as of 25mins ago.

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (39,654 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried downloading it earlier today and my antivirus software detected a virus embedded in the exe file, so it quarantined it. Maybe that is what is happening to you? It downloads, but then your antivirus software removes it. Then when you try to go to it, it wants you to download it again.

Message 2 of 9 (34,030 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Does it really have a virus, and did u go ahead and allow the antivirus to bypass it and load it anyways?

Message 3 of 9 (34,025 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing happened to me as well. Screenshot of my Norton report attached.

Message 4 of 9 (34,010 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

At the time, I did not attempt to bypass my antivirus software. I did do a Google search for "Nox virus?" though, and from what I read about other similar problems, it looks like it is probably a false positive. However, I have not yet attempted to download it or install it since then. I decided to lurk around the forums for a bit to see if anyone from EA would make an official statement about it.

Message 5 of 9 (33,999 Views)

★ Guide

It's been flagged by several AV programs - https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/c0a6c54815d52cc610373c31aebc1ba705dbb74eb2c2231407ed8066759e0a5f/...

Surprise surprise Norton (Symantec) and McAfee are among them. They're false positives, end of story, and those providers are notorious for them.

If you want a far better free alternative I suggest Avast or Avira for antivirus (Avast is easier to use, looks more modern, and has a few more bells and whistles, Avira has slightly better detection), and Comodo for firewall (just don't install/turn off Defense+ if you use them together). If you want to pay then Kaspersky Internet Security or Bitdefender Internet Security (I prefer Kaspersky as it's more hands on).

Message 6 of 9 (33,953 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Avast reported it as a virus too

Message 7 of 9 (33,945 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

EDIT: Whoops, double post, sorry, please delete

Message 8 of 9 (33,941 Views)

★ Guide

Might want to try an update of your signatures first, then rescan, the link above shows Avast (and the other alternatives I mentioned) giving it the all clear as of 25mins ago.

Message 9 of 9 (39,655 Views)