Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

by mobiusevalon

Original Post

Re: Why does Mercenaries 2 keep freezing and skipping on PC?

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you EA_David . The clean boot startup worked perfectly.

Message 151 of 159 (2,471 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Do you know how to cancel a refund through Origin? i requested a refund yesterday because i couldn't get it to work, but i wanna keep it now.

Message 152 of 159 (2,467 Views)

Community Manager

@Colemanwrestler Hey, I think you should be able to do so from the Order History page. If you go there and the refund hasn't reached a certain stage, there should be an option to cancel it. However it's likely that it has compelted by now, so it'd just be a case of re-buying the game now. 

Thanks for coming back to let us know that the Clean Boot helped, too. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 153 of 159 (2,460 Views)

Mercenaries 2

★ Guide

I re downloaded this game to play and to try and actually play it I've been using the 360 controller and all is well but the major missions where you have to destroy 3 bases and plant a radio transmitter are a joke, the damage you receive it massive and you get blown away within 3 seconds, I can't believe the PC version is the worst version heck the PS3 version even though it's glitchy and broken gave you a chance.

I wish this game had some mod editor or if EA released Mercs 1 on console that would be awesome

Message 154 of 159 (2,475 Views)

Mercenaries 2 world in flames

★★★ Newbie

Mercenaries 2 world in flames

So I bought both downloadable version and disc copy from amazon and now after installing I it shows an error and the game crashes. please advise on what I should

BTW I have an ASUS Gaming laptop and windows 10? is that why it wont run ?

Message 155 of 159 (2,476 Views)

Re: Mercenaries 2 world in flames

★★ Novice

I tried reinstalling it and playing it today and it gives an 1603 error code and wont finish the install.

Message 156 of 159 (2,087 Views)

★★ Novice

Now I get code 327684:1601 instead of 1603 while being in safe mode w/ networking

Message 157 of 159 (2,065 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found the fix for this just today - dunno if this thread is even still metntioned.

Go to the mercenaries2.exe application (I don't know the default path, I customized my install to another drive). Go into Properties > Compatibility. Run in Windows 7 compatibility with the option to 'Disable Fullscreen Optimizations' checked.

Select 'Change High DPI Settings'

Check the box under 'High DPI Scaling override' and set the 'Override high DPI scaling behavior.'

Set the 'Scaling performed by:' option drop down to 'Application'.

Click Okay.

Click apply

Enjoy your game. 

Multiplayer, however, is forever disabled.

Message 158 of 159 (1,364 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ExcentricDragon I dont quite understand why im still getting this issue.. thank god you responded to this after it being dead for three years, but i recently just bought merc 2 on origin and right after the "pandemic grenade" loading screen my game still crashes even when i did what you said above^^
Message 159 of 159 (1,281 Views)