Mercenaries 2 Winch Challenge Soundtrack

by mah_bear_hands77

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mercenaries 2 Winch Challenge Soundtrack

★★ Novice
Hi,

This has been something I've been searching for for several years. I'm looking for the name of the track that plays during Ewan's winch challenge. It's a jazz bossa nova elevator music-esque song that seems to be completely elusive to the entire internet. I've searched for it frequently since I got the game in 2011 and have had no luck finding it. Shazam either doesn't recognize it or thinks it's another song altogether (that song being Empty Gas - Deep Lovers Remix, which has the exact same piano part). Many, many Google searches over the years have drawn nothing. I reasoned at one point that it was probably a stock chart played by a band that was hired just for this gig, and is likely untitled or owned by EA with the express purpose of the game, so there's no way it'd be publicly available. But, I was watching NCIS, and on Season 14 episode 3 IIRC, the exact song is playing, albeit briefly, when Mark Harmon's character interrupts a dinner party. It renewed my hope that this wasn't just some copyrighted, game specific track.

Point is, this is my last resort for finding this song. Every method I've tried to find it has yet to work. It has the first sax solo I ever transcribed in it, which helped me get into jazz which I now play professionally. The song isn't anything special, it's just somewhat important to me. I know nothing about coding, so I can't extract the music from the game files, and recording it on my phone or a mic doesn't yield the sound quality I'd like.

So, my question is this: what is the name of the song that plays during the Winch Challenge?
Message 1 of 4 (964 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mercenaries 2 Winch Challenge Soundtrack

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@mah_bear_hands77 Thanks for the post, this is quite an interesting question.

I've spent too long looking into this, unfortunately I have some other time pressures and I can't follow through with the exact song. However I hope this info helps you to track down the exact track you want. If you do find it please let us know. 

It appears that a company named APM made the music in question, and the credits have the following song list

Joropo Campanitas, Buen Viaje, Felices Vacaciones, La Bonita Muchacha, Mi Bien Gustada, Goodnight Moon, Down Town, After Hours, Uhh Huhh, Me, If You Don't, I'm Hott, California Way, Five Plus Four, Caracas Sunset, Boom, Mulata, Sky Fever, Dubya , On The Run, La Bailarina, Volume To Eleven, I Like Em Dirty, Bad Hombres, Hard Life, Wagner's Ride, Adios Mi Amor, Campi'a'a, Pais Natal, ti Mi Amor, Viva El Amor, D'sterer Marsch, Dance Of The Flower Girl, Pasaje, Gaita De Furro, El Estadero, Faster, Some Place In The Sky, Into The Fire, Pressure Cooker, Round And Round, Escape The Zoo, Freedom, Names And Numbers, Deep Dub, Window Shopping, Slipsliding, Jewel Of Your Own, Lock And Load, Strange World, Turn It On, Malagena Y Polo

Searching around, it leads me to some albums
https://www.apmmusic.com/albums/KPM-0564

https://www.apmmusic.com/albums/KOL-0031

I haven't been able to find the exact song from the mission, but many of the clips I did listen to had a similar sound, so I hope this has sent you in the right direction. Doing a search for "APM *songname*" might help to track down the the one you're looking for.
Good luck!

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,226 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@mah_bear_hands77 Thanks for the post, this is quite an interesting question.

I've spent too long looking into this, unfortunately I have some other time pressures and I can't follow through with the exact song. However I hope this info helps you to track down the exact track you want. If you do find it please let us know. 

It appears that a company named APM made the music in question, and the credits have the following song list

Joropo Campanitas, Buen Viaje, Felices Vacaciones, La Bonita Muchacha, Mi Bien Gustada, Goodnight Moon, Down Town, After Hours, Uhh Huhh, Me, If You Don't, I'm Hott, California Way, Five Plus Four, Caracas Sunset, Boom, Mulata, Sky Fever, Dubya , On The Run, La Bailarina, Volume To Eleven, I Like Em Dirty, Bad Hombres, Hard Life, Wagner's Ride, Adios Mi Amor, Campi'a'a, Pais Natal, ti Mi Amor, Viva El Amor, D'sterer Marsch, Dance Of The Flower Girl, Pasaje, Gaita De Furro, El Estadero, Faster, Some Place In The Sky, Into The Fire, Pressure Cooker, Round And Round, Escape The Zoo, Freedom, Names And Numbers, Deep Dub, Window Shopping, Slipsliding, Jewel Of Your Own, Lock And Load, Strange World, Turn It On, Malagena Y Polo

Searching around, it leads me to some albums
https://www.apmmusic.com/albums/KPM-0564

https://www.apmmusic.com/albums/KOL-0031

I haven't been able to find the exact song from the mission, but many of the clips I did listen to had a similar sound, so I hope this has sent you in the right direction. Doing a search for "APM *songname*" might help to track down the the one you're looking for.
Good luck!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,227 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_David thank you so much for your help. With the info you provided I checked the albums and song list one by one. The song is Caracas Sunset. Looks like it's only on the APM website too. Without the info there's no way I would have found this. I listened to it and it almost brought tears, just for having resolved something I've been looking for for so long.

Here's the link to the search result on the APM website.

https://www.apmmusic.com/search/%5B%7B"field"%3A%5B"track_title"%5D%2C"type"%3A"text"%2C"value"%3A"C...

I appreciate the research and time put into this as I know there are other more pressing questions and problems.

Thanks again!!
Message 3 of 4 (828 Views)

Community Manager

Wonderful, thank you for the confirmation!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (768 Views)