Re: Medal of honor (2010) (PS3)

by pinkrobot_pb

Original Post

Medal of honor (2010) (PS3)

★★★★★ Novice

Problems connecting to the server. After searching the server writes: "Find the appropriate servers failed". The game is licensed. I am aware from the community that the problem is being solved if an American sends an invitation or connects an American VPN. Please restore the connection to the servers. I live in Europe.

Message 1 of 14 (2,831 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @VladGolov  the serves for Medal of honer should be up and running in Europe. 

If I understood you correct you get Find the appropriate servers failed when trying to find a servers in the EU? 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 14 (2,784 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic For a long time it has not been possible to join multiplayer from anywhere outside of the USA/Canada/South America. This includes Europe, but also other regions. For me as a European, I can only join a game by joining a friend who is already in that game. Whenever I drop out of a game I need to do that again. So I have no way of picking a game type of my own or whatever.

It does not only seem to be a matchmaking thing either, because EU players always have about a second of lag to deal with, so we're playing on US servers which makes it pretty damn hard to be competitive Standard smile

Please understand this problem is not a case of if's and maybe's, nobody from the EU can join an online game without the use of invites/join on friend or a VPN. It's a shame, because this game is still very popular online.

Message 3 of 14 (2,631 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey, @pinkrobot_pb  do you know if it's local only to PS3 or if all platforms? 

I tried it myself on my work  PC and no issue for me to log in to a EU server, both server browser and quick match was tested but will do an extra try when I get home.

/Atic
Message 4 of 14 (2,561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hello @EA_Atic thank you for responding. Unfortunately I can only confirm my findings on the PS3 platform. I have no access to MoH on PC. If I can do anything to try and test something, let me know!

Message 5 of 14 (2,555 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic I can see exactly how many people are in a multiplayer game, but I can't enter any mode because the game can't find the server. Did through "Quick game". Separately give a list of servers the game can not, because it is not actually. I and friends do not know how else to solve the problem.

Message 6 of 14 (2,542 Views)

EA DICE Team

I tried at home and one more time at work and its working on PC. @pinkrobot_pb  

So it seems to be localised to PS3 only. 

Could you try to power cycle the console and see if that helps? 

How to power cycle: 

1. Turn of the PS3.
  2. Unplug the power cord from the back of the PS3. 
  3. Wait 30 seconds.
  4. Plug the power cord back into the PS3.
  5. Turn on the PS3.

/Atic 

Message 7 of 14 (2,513 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

About your question. I'm not sure how this would help. I always shut off my consoles and stuff like the television completely before I go to sleep. Surely that should have been enough of a power cycle. And I don't think it will kickstart some servers back into life Wink Like I said before: this is a universal problem for all PS3 players and not of my single console (which I still love to bits by the way. PS3 master race!)

I have to repeat at this point that this problem is very well known and applies universally for all European players. Not a single European player has been able to connect to the MoH servers for many, many months if not years. Many have tried, all have failed. This is not a console or a "Me" problem, it's a server problem. The multiplayer is region locked and for a pretty long time only the US servers have been running it seems. And it's not just EU, according to some sources online other regions are affected too. Australia/New Zealand connects to US by default so can still play. South American and Canadian players should be fine too. Everyone else is not so lucky.

I just posted because I wanted to do the online trophies for this game and that has been a nightmare having to depend on invites and friend joins the whole time. I pretty much gave up already. But I also think that it would be a shame if EA is still paying for European servers every month, not realizing that they have gone to sleep in some data center somewhere Tongue out It could be as simple as a wrongly configured or crashed DNS server, that's the sad part. If the servers are gone completely, well then there is nothing anyone could do anyway.

Anyhow, I know it's pretty pointless to try and get it working for any other region than USA for PS3 players now. The console is old and so is the game itself. I don't think I will ever get 100% on this game and that's fine. Having worked in tech support I know that your means to do anything are next to non existent too, no worries. I don't think Android Wilson would care either xD

It's cool, have a good day. Standard smile

Message 8 of 14 (2,507 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic Are you sure you have information from your partners from Europe about the performance of the Medal of Honor on the PS3 platform? Server not found. Players know that they can get there either by the Americans or by buying a VPN. VPN for me is expensive. I would love to buy add-ons for this game if I could play, but your game is not working. The Americans in this game probably all know each other. I know that in a number of your other games, with working online, the servers work very poorly, but the Medal of Honor has outdone them all with her fortune.

Message 9 of 14 (2,486 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team
Thanks for the post @pinkrobot_pb  @VladGolov 

So I have been digging around on the issue and have sent it on for our teams to investigate further about not been able to connect to EA servers with PS3.

The only workaround I have seen that a few players have commented that it can work is to start MoH look for the server (don't work) log out from the PS3 and then back in and then try to look for the server again and sometimes this works. 

/Atic 
Message 10 of 14 (2,476 Views)