Matthias Bug, Post-Game

by Anonymous

Original Post

Re: Matthias Bug, Post-Game

★★★★ Novice

I had the same issue on xbox one its the result of their individual dialog progression wanting them to b standing in their designated post game positions while simultaneously trying to have them stand together towards the center of the room for their next group faction story mission. I was lucky enough to be the kind of player that kept up with all the NPCs individual story chats b4 completing the story so i only had one conversation to deal with for both them as a faction and them as individual characters so that cleared up my version of this glitch easier than some players will encounter but after days of me playing the game and periodically checking bak to see if it had been fixed they were glitching when i entered and after a short period looking around the room i was lucky enough for the game to finally place them together n the middle-ish of the room to progress their faction story which in turn allowed the game to correctly place them n their individual post game positions to progress their final dialog tree conversations to their conclusions. All that being said i didnt do anything special that im aware of to resolve the issue, i simply was lucky enough for the game to randomly fix itself. However once it was corrected it was obvious wat the game was attempting to do that caused the problem. Hope the devs actually read this and the info helps them fix it, if they werent already aware of y this occurs which im sure doesnt take a genius to conclude the reason behind the error, even i had the 2 positions 1 character model idea even b4 the game corrected itself for me

Message 51 of 58 (1,975 Views)

★ Apprentice
PS4 pro here, still cant talk to Matthias (Gray bubble)
Message 52 of 58 (1,914 Views)

Can't progress with Matthius

★★★★ Novice

Here's a link to a video of what's happening to me.

http://vm.tiktok.com/d3QT7s/

Basically none of them are accessible. After a couple words, they disappear. Can't progress with them. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared persistent storage, unplugged console for 2 minutes, everything they told me to do.

Message 53 of 58 (1,880 Views)

★ Novice
@wildRauftant1587 Omg I freaking love you!
Message 54 of 58 (1,727 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For Xbox one... "alt-tab"/ "Xbox button" to TV then back to anthem.  Fixed it for me!  They were all standing together and I could continue. 

Message 55 of 58 (1,589 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@damarv1984 OMG im so glad i found this comment! Ive been trying for days to progress in my xbox one game and getting no where because of the glitch and i just tried ur suggestion and IT WORKED!

TY TY TY!!!
Message 56 of 58 (1,414 Views)

@MClexilynn  glad it worked for you.... Since the post was in February 2019 I doubt it will be followed.

Enjoy your game and don't hesitate to create a new post if you encounter problems.

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 57 of 58 (1,398 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still having this problem in 2021 - the dashboard technique worked once I booted up netflix and then went back to the game. Returning to home screen by itself did nothing

Message 58 of 58 (1,101 Views)