Anonymous

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Not Needed.
Enter RAM memory size in GB Not Needed.
Please select your region Europe
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Location of Matthias, not in any Menu.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 18/2-2019
Summarize your bug Due to there being a contract available, who's conversation might involve all three Matthias's and them each having a conversation option available. It is impossible to talk to any of them or even begin the contract conversation. They glitch in and out of existence, and when I do manage to talk to one of them it cuts short because of the glitching.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's happening right after beating the game. Prior to beating it, I did every contract and conversation option available and like other people in the fort, they got new conversations to do afterwards for me to do, including a new contract to continue their little side-quest.
What happens when the bug occurs? They teleport and become pretty much unresponsive. At best I can talk, quickly skip and get to a choice option which sadly doesn't continue the conversation even if I pick a choice.
What should be happening instead? I image they should become available to talk. Would say the contract should take priority and until it has been taken you cannot talk to them individually.

Don't have anything else to add.

Message 1 of 58 (24,852 Views)

Re: Matthias Bug, Post-Game

★ Novice

This happens to me too. I hope it will get fixed soon, because I cant progress in their questlines at all.

Message 2 of 58 (24,804 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here to, really annoying.

Message 3 of 58 (24,778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have the exact same bug! I have chat markers for all 3 Mathias but they are all bugged and phase in and out and do not go past the 1st line of their dialogue. I'm unable to finish the Raban Maur quest line as a result or obtain any contracts.

EDIT FIX: Whilst being stood in Mathias' room (with the bug in progress) I alt-tabbed out to write this. However when I alt-tabbed back into the game all 3 Mathias had repositioned to be stood next to each other and I was then able to speak to them and take the Raban Maur contract! Very strange!

2nd EDIT: Completed the mission and went back to hand in and they're bugged again (making it impossible to hand-in). Am here alt-tabbed out in the hope that this will fix it again!

3rd EDIT: Alt-tabbing out fixed this bug for me again.

Message 4 of 58 (24,765 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Tried this method, and still not working for me. 

EDIT - I stopped in the room while someone in my house was talking to me, and they just suddenly spawned right next to each other and I was able to take the quest. I was alt-tabbing in and out to read here, so I am not sure if that had something to do with it. Its either the alt-tab or patience. 

Message 5 of 58 (24,730 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Also had this issue, sat in the room for a bit and the 3 of them came together in the same area and I was able to take the quest again.  Unfortunately I was unable to get each of the three dialog's to play.

Message 6 of 58 (24,681 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 7 of 58 (24,651 Views)

★ Novice

Just wanted to say I had this bug twice. I didn't know how it resolved the first time, they just suddenly appeared together when I looked back at them at some point. But after finding this, I alt tabbed in and out, that resolved the glitch for me as well.

So for anyone having this issue try alt tabbing in full screen mode.

Message 8 of 58 (24,611 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm currently on the PC version and I got this problem too. Alt-tabbing seems to work.

Basically, all you have to do is to let the system sorts out the respawn location of all three Matthias. And it didn't work if you stay in the game. I spent 10 minutes in the game and they just keep appearing and disappearing.

I think this issue appears due to all three Matthias have their individual conversation locations conflict with the quest-giving instance. Thus caused a glitch of respawning location conflict.

Hope this helps. English is not my first language so excuse me for any mistakes.

Message 9 of 58 (24,536 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem with me. Can't progress any further with that quest.

Video: https://youtu.be/JUgaWS7ezZs

Message 10 of 58 (24,503 Views)