Re: Mass Effect: Infiltrator Crashes on Startup on Windows 10 Mobile

by rebanics

Original Post

Mass Effect: Infiltrator Crashes on Startup on Windows 10 Mobile

★★ Novice

Hello!

The game doesn’t work on Lumia 735 after upgrading to Windows 10. It crashes immediately after starting, sometimes showing the EA logo for a brief moment, sometimes not even that much.

It’s there any chance that this will be fixed in a future update? I just bought the game, so I’m wondering if I’ll be able to play it.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 7 (1,739 Views)

Hero

@HippyTesla

I moved this thread from Mass Effect 1 to Other EA Mobile Games.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (1,714 Views)

★★ Novice

@Fred_vdp, sorry, wasn't sure where to post the question.

Message 3 of 7 (1,706 Views)

★★★ Novice
Me too.
After i open the App it crashes just after the EA logo on my Lumia 950xl. On my old lumia 925 i had no problem playing it.

I hope EA will fix it in future Update, but its windows phone so probably not. At least one can hope.
Message 4 of 7 (1,669 Views)

★★ Novice

Since Windows 10 is basically the same on phones and PCs now, I'm hoping they will fix it, and even release it on the PC Windows Store as well. Why wouldn't we be able to play the game on the big screen, like many other games?

I'm checking the game's Store page frequently in hopes an update will be released so I can install the game again.

Message 5 of 7 (1,666 Views)

Mass Effect Infiltrator: Start-up Crash on Windows 10 mobile

★★★ Novice
I enjoyed playing Mass Effect Infiltrator on my old Lumia 925 with had Windows 8.1. And so as soon as i bought my new phone, a lumia 950 xl with has windows 10 , i wanted to play the game on it. But just after the EA logo pops up, the game crashes and throws me back to the start menu.
I searched a bit and found out many people had the same problem, but no solution, or an answer from EA or Microsoft.

Please can someone help or at least tell me y the game runs on W8.1 and crashes on W10.
Message 6 of 7 (1,640 Views)

Re: Mass Effect Infiltrator: Start-up Crash on Windows 10 mobile

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

This is insane. I didn't realize what a huge issue this was. I just tried playing the game today on a whim, but I'm having the same problem.

Honestly... I think the game requires a server connection to play. When I start the game up, it says it's checking for the server connection. Then, it just sits at the EA logo... and crashes entirely.

Chances are, if the game has been delisted, then the server availability is dead. Meaning our purchase of what I recall to be a single player game is completely unplayable.

EDIT: Actually, there may have been some crossover to ME3. I can't quite recall. But honestly, that little bit shouldn't stop us from playing the bloody campaign.

Message 7 of 7 (1,156 Views)