Re: Medal of Honor airborne- Video card not supported?

by keefy05

Original Post

Community Manager

Hey @shrikerplife let's try repairing the game and then see if it launches then, if not then can you open your install folder, find the launcher exe and set compatibility mode for it.

To repair your game, open your My Game Library and then find the game tile and right-click on it. From here select repair and Origin will check your installed files for any issues and should it find any fix them.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 11 of 24 (16,160 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Darko 

Did the repair from Origin and tried to run it but didn't work. Tried with Windows 7 compatibility mode. No dice. Ran with Windows Vista SP 2. 

The Medal of Honor theme song playing at the intro has never sounded sweeter. 

I thank you, good sir. My missus thanks you too as now I will finally stop griping to her about not being able to play this. Cheers. 

Message 12 of 24 (3,220 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @shrikerplife.

Generally with these issues, it's a simple enough fix, the issue is the trial and error of the simple things to find the one that fits.

I've often been kept away by issues like this and spend half the time wondering do I wake everyone else up to tell them my woes.

Buster Keaton GIF by Maudit - Find & Share on GIPHY

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 13 of 24 (3,203 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

I have a similar problem. I try to run the moha_setup file and receive the message that my video card is not supported. I use an Intel UHD Graphics 620 video card and an Intel Core i5-8265U CPU. I tried tinkering with the compatibility mode but that haven't solved the problem. I can launch the game itself through changing the advanced launch options in Origin to Medal of Honor Airborne (instead of Medal of Honor Airborne setup), but that bypasses the setup, and I am stuck with too high resolutions.

Thanks in advance!

Martin

Message 14 of 24 (3,045 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@aghyadx11 same happened to me then when i upgraded my pc the issue was fixed
Message 15 of 24 (2,873 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko ,
But if we don't have an Nvidia Control Panel?
My laptop has Intel HD Graphics driver instead.
Message 16 of 24 (2,502 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @DeanMcAndrews, is your integrated card powerful enough to run the game?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 17 of 24 (2,483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Darko,
Yes, it should be since I had run this game more than 3 years ago with the same laptop, however, the OS was Win7 back then.

I'm pretty sure that Microsoft's latest patches, mainly the one related with latest version for Windows 10 (Win 10, version 20H2) might have something to do with this problem, a very disgusting one, BTW.. Frown

The problem here is, since I'm using a laptop and not a PC, I cannot do an appropiate test unless I've got a PC with an integrated Nvidia Graphic Card.

Thank you anyway.

Message 18 of 24 (2,464 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @DeanMcAndrews, if you updated your OS to Windows 10 then it may be the case that your system doesn't have the resources to run both Windows 10 and the game.

Let's grab a DxDiag to take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 19 of 24 (2,438 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Darko,

Firstly, Thank you so much for following up my case, I really appreciate it.

I followed your instructions, however, in the HELP EA Website, when going to  Accounts/My Cases menu, I'm getting this screen:

No_Cases_Available.jpg

Besides, I already got rid of every single browser extension; so once again, I'm stuck.
Is there something I am missing here?

Once again @EA_Darko, thanks for your help. I mean it...

Message 20 of 24 (2,429 Views)