Lord of the rings battle for middle earth anthology

by babyblueyes7606

Original Post

Lord of the rings battle for middle earth anthology

★ Novice

Dear EA, did you know you still have a huge fan base for lord of the rings battle for middle earth and a majority of them can no longer play this game because people like me can not afford to pay over $400.00 to buy this game and when we can it is no longer supported by you guys. I beg you to sell this game to either steam or WB so that they can make these games available to play on steam and xbox one for the lotr bfme 2 backward compatability. I don’t know where else to turn to for help but i miss playing this game. Its probably my all time favorite RTS game but i no longer can play it. I hope you can understand what thats like. 

Message 1 of 2 (778 Views)

Re: Lord of the rings battle for middle earth anthology

@babyblueyes7606 that is up to Warner. If they've wanted BfME, they would have bought it by now. Same goes for Harry Potter (another license that they have bought after the license granted to them after the license granted to EA expired). 

The copies that you see at such prices are collector items. EA doesn't sell those. EA can't sell anything LOTR since the license expired and was granted to Warner. And it also can't do any remasters or patches. 

Another thing is the fact that EA will probably not sell the titles to Warner, as those titles were made with EA proprietary technologies (BfME was developed directly by EA, so they have used their own graphic engine and tech). But in the end is about how much Warner would like to add those titles to their LOTR games. And so far it doesn't seem that they wish that. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 2 (733 Views)