Lord of the Rings : Battle for Middle Earth 2

by Keremkk1998

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lord of the Rings : Battle for Middle Earth 2

★★★ Newbie

İ think it would be amazing to play this legendary game’s remake. What do you think about it?

Message 1 of 3 (443 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lord of the Rings : Battle for Middle Earth 2

@Keremkk1998 Warner holds the rights for most of the LOTR IP (merchandise, videogames, TV series, movies - the books are licensed to a different company).

As Tolkien estate offered the rights to the highest bidder, when their contract with EA expired, Warner was able to snatch those. As a result, EA can't sell the games they've made in the LOTR universe, offer compatibility patches, do remakes or remasters.

Bottom line: not happening due to the change of the license ownership.

Warner can't sell EA's games, as they weren't developed/published by them. EA can't sell the games because they don;t have the license to do so anymore. Catch 22. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (661 Views)

All Replies

@Keremkk1998 Warner holds the rights for most of the LOTR IP (merchandise, videogames, TV series, movies - the books are licensed to a different company).

As Tolkien estate offered the rights to the highest bidder, when their contract with EA expired, Warner was able to snatch those. As a result, EA can't sell the games they've made in the LOTR universe, offer compatibility patches, do remakes or remasters.

Bottom line: not happening due to the change of the license ownership.

Warner can't sell EA's games, as they weren't developed/published by them. EA can't sell the games because they don;t have the license to do so anymore. Catch 22. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 3 (662 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I understood. Thank you.

Message 3 of 3 (413 Views)