Re: Lord Of The Rings The Third Age

by GODZILLAVSKONG19

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lord Of The Rings The Third Age

★ Newbie

I used to have a game called Lord Of The RIngs The Third Age on both PS2 and Xbox and I loved it. It was a great turn based RPG startegy game and now that the world has moved on to the PS4, Xbox one and Ios devices, are there any plans to remaster that game and re-release it? Primarily is seems like an easy port to an iPad platform and I would buy it if you came out with it. So .... please remaster and re-release LOTR the third age for iOS.I have been an avid EA customer for many many years, back to Earl Weaver Baseball and so many sports games I have lost count. The typicall excellence of your products is what brings me back year after year, (although the latest NHL game for the PS4 was not up to your standards).

Please release Lord of the rings the third age on iOS and if possible, many of your other classic games too. I will buy them if they are well made and fairly priced.

Thank-you

Message 1 of 9 (28,264 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

You can play this game on PC now using something called "PCSX2" and it's a ps2 emulator. I don't think they'll remaster a game like that (it sadens me). Hope this helped

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (31,339 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

You can play this game on PC now using something called "PCSX2" and it's a ps2 emulator. I don't think they'll remaster a game like that (it sadens me). Hope this helped

Message 2 of 9 (31,340 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Why would you want to download an emulator to play it? The graphics are terrible on it where as isle they remaster it they can update graphics and gameplay. This is something every LOTR fan wants and would be such a good thing for EA

Message 3 of 9 (19,793 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exactly EA can remaster and revamp the graphics giving it a new look and also reinvigorating the LOTR community while making themselves some money off of it Make it happen EA hear our cry LOTR the Third Age is one of my favorites 

Message 4 of 9 (19,791 Views)

@Thundernutz_tv  nope. Not happening. The LOTR license for video-games development is currently with Warner for an unknown amount of time. EA can't remaster, remake, create new games in the LOTR universe, unless it obtains the license again. And as Warner is a way bigger fish than EA, the chances are pretty slim. We can hope, but the chances are low. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 5 of 9 (19,729 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OMG mate, I really need that game back again. There are some others in my mind also, like LOTR The Return of the King. LOTR Conques and both of Battle for the Middle Earth. I wish we could have some of our childhood games back Frown Third Age is still a freaking jewell

Message 6 of 9 (19,541 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think WB games own the rights to tlotr games sadly 

Message 7 of 9 (18,948 Views)

★★ Novice

Maybe we should petition WB Games to do a remaster or to allow EA to do one. Would love to be able to play this game online with friends in current gen consoles or even next gen consoles.

Message 8 of 9 (14,401 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I was wondering if you could send me a link for the ps2 emulator through email: [edit: email address removed]

Message 9 of 9 (7,596 Views)