Looking for dune 2000 for pc.do you carry it?will it work on windows 7?

by deanskip49

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Looking for dune 2000 for pc.do you carry it?will it work on windows 7?

★★★ Newbie

I am looking for dune 2000 for pc. Wondering where I can get it and will it work on windows 7?

Message 1 of 3 (399 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Looking for dune 2000 for pc.do you carry it?will it work on windows 7?

@deanskip49  EA license for the Dune expired a long time ago. Herbert Estate is not only unwilling to renew it, but stated that they won't allow any new games in the Dune universe. Due to the loss of the license, EA can't sell, patch, modify, remaster or develop any games in the Dune universe. 

So, no legal alternatives to play those old games, sadly (Dune 2, Dune 2000, Emperor: Battle for Dune). The same applies to the first Dune game and Frank Herbert's Dune (developed by Cryo, a company that was closed around 15 years ago). 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (559 Views)

All Replies

@deanskip49  EA license for the Dune expired a long time ago. Herbert Estate is not only unwilling to renew it, but stated that they won't allow any new games in the Dune universe. Due to the loss of the license, EA can't sell, patch, modify, remaster or develop any games in the Dune universe. 

So, no legal alternatives to play those old games, sadly (Dune 2, Dune 2000, Emperor: Battle for Dune). The same applies to the first Dune game and Frank Herbert's Dune (developed by Cryo, a company that was closed around 15 years ago). 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 3 (560 Views)

Community Manager

@deanskip49 Dune is my favourite book of all time, I can reread it time and again and never get bored and I would love to see the older games remastered or a new Dune game but it's unlikely. There is a big budget film coming out in the next few years and if a game is to be developed it would most likely be around that time but don't get your hopes up too much as Brian Herbert has a particular dislike of games based on his father's work. 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (328 Views)