LOTR battle for middle earth 2

by Teamless07

Original Post

Accepted Solution

LOTR battle for middle earth 2

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The image below should sum up my question quite nicely. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Just realised this post was put in the "A way Out" section....? I definitely didn't select that.

Message 1 of 7 (600 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: LOTR battle for middle earth 2

Community Manager

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news @Teamless07 but The Battle for Middle Earth 2 is no longer supported and as such the patches are no longer available to download directly. If you are installing from Origin then the game will be the most up to date official version but if you are using the disc then it is not possible to download those patches.

If you have any more questions just ask.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (548 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Teamless07 Moved your post to other EA Games.

Hope someone has an answer for you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (568 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news @Teamless07 but The Battle for Middle Earth 2 is no longer supported and as such the patches are no longer available to download directly. If you are installing from Origin then the game will be the most up to date official version but if you are using the disc then it is not possible to download those patches.

If you have any more questions just ask.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 7 (549 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the confirmation

Message 4 of 7 (541 Views)

Community Manager

Glad to have been of help @Teamless07.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 7 (505 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko wrote:

If you are installing from Origin then the game will be the most up to date official version but if you are using the disc then it is not possible to download those patches.

@EA_Darko, this is news to me! How can one install the game from Origin?!

Message 6 of 7 (452 Views)

[ Edited ]

@czembro that is true only for the expansion. You need to install the base game from the disc and then Rise of The Witch King from Origin. Support used to add the expansion to the game library if they had proof of purchase for it, but i am not sure if they are still doing it. If you don't have the expansion, you are out of luck. 

Also, i think that you can still find the patches for the disc version on some sites (latest official patch for the base game, i think it was 1.06 and 2.01 for the expansion).

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 7 of 7 (433 Views)