Re: LOTR Battle for Middle Earth download?

by emart1955

Original Post

Accepted Solution

LOTR Battle for Middle Earth download?

★★★ Newbie

I loved the original LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth, but I have unfortunately lost the game disc (disc 1), for the copy that I have.  Does EA offer a digital download version?  Will it ever show up in the Origin PC library?

I can't imagine I'm the only one that would happily buy this game again!

Message 1 of 7 (3,227 Views)

Accepted Solution

For the time being the license is at Warner. Which means that EA can't sell or make anything based upon Tolkien's works. Many of us would love to see Battle for Middle Earth series back, but we can't do much, unless Warner is losing their license to make and sell videogames in the LoTR universe.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (3,788 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@flyjeffd89 Would be great to get to play the game again, as over the years I've put a couple hundred hours into the game. Unfortunately, we are unlikely to see the game appear in Origin any time soon.

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (3,204 Views)

For the time being the license is at Warner. Which means that EA can't sell or make anything based upon Tolkien's works. Many of us would love to see Battle for Middle Earth series back, but we can't do much, unless Warner is losing their license to make and sell videogames in the LoTR universe.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 7 (3,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the info...a real  bummer though.

Message 4 of 7 (3,181 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Then why does EA have it on the site like you can actually buy it?

Message 5 of 7 (2,132 Views)

The game is not available in the store. And they can showcase the games on which they've worked. They just can't sell/etc.

Message 6 of 7 (2,117 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i own the battle of middle earth games and have installed them on to my pc and ran all the compatibility and run as admin and it still wont let me play is there anything i can download so i can play them again? TIA

Message 7 of 7 (1,374 Views)