LOTR:BFME II

by Zeues-1992

Original Post

LOTR:BFME II

★★ Guide

Hello I'm big fan of the subject game, as a kid i only had pirated and cracked games, now as an adult and I work and have enough money, I really wanna buy and genuine copy of the game, but sadly I couldn't find am online copy like on origin store or steam, and don't want to get physical copy through amazon.

Does anybody know any online store to buy it from it?

Or dears at EA is thier any chance we might get it at origin store? 

Message 1 of 4 (491 Views)

Re: LOTR:BFME II

@Zeues-1992 sadly LOTR: BFME series is not available anymore for sale. The first game never had a digital release, while the second game had only the expansion released digitally. As the LOTR license is currently with Warner, EA can't sell, remake, remaster or make compatibility patches for those, nor are they able to develop new games using LOTR name. 

All the Amazon copies are second hand copies, so you can't be sure if they will work properly. Not only that, but the physical release will be a hard nut to make it work on Windows 10 (due to MS blocking the old copy protection drivers, like SecuROM, Safedisc, TAGES, StarForce and so on).

We all hope that EA will re-release LOTR: BFME series, digitally, at some point. But that won't happen too soon.Frown

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 4 (469 Views)

★★ Guide
@ivrognard That's very sad thing to hear, this big companies and their licensing and stuff are all but evil and bad for industry.
Message 3 of 4 (451 Views)

@Zeues-1992 when it comes to size, EA is nowhere near Warner or Disney (which are two of the biggest corporations on the planet, along with Comcast). Those three enter in what we would call a megacorporation. EA pales in  comparaison it could never compete with such giants for licenses (hence the change in EA's policy in recent years, EA focusing only on its owned/developed IP's and reducing the number of games based on external IP's/license). 

It is true that the copyright laws need to modernize, especially when it comes to videogames. A lot of titles are basically lost in legal limbo, while there are possible solutions that would make everyone happy: developers, customers, IP owners. Personally i believe that a company should be able to remaster/make compatibility patches/sell, if they've developed the game. Of course, the IP owner should get its fair share of profit. Everyone would be happy. The developers would get a revenue stream from old licensed releases, the IP owner would get its share and the people could play an old, favorite game. But unless the laws are changed, many games will stay unavailable to the younger people and potential customers. Sad, but that is the world in which we are living for now.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 4 (449 Views)