Re: LOTR BFME 3

by ivrognard

Original Post

LOTR BFME 3

★★★ Newbie

We need a new release of this, GET THE RIGHTS BACK!!!

Message 1 of 2 (268 Views)
Highlighted

Re: LOTR BFME 3

@Mobsters97  I really doubt that EA can compete with a media/communications giant like Warner. They can't outbid a megacorp.

EA may seem big in the gaming industry, but there are bigger fish in the world. Warner is in our days part of the AT&T (one of the biggest corps on the planet. There is Disney (yeah, i know that seems unlikely, but Disney is probably one of the biggest corps on the planet, currently). There is the chinese Tencent (though not near to those two, the chinese corp is a lot bigger than EA). And there is Comcast (though, Comcast is not yet truly involved in the gaming industry, it started to show interest, Skybound Games, known for completing Telltale Games Walking Dead, being backed indirectly by them). 

From the so-called big four of the gaming industry, only EA and 2K Games/Take Two Interactive are still fairly independent. Activision - Blizzard and Ubisoft are controlled on various degrees by Tencent. Neither EA, nor 2K would be able to outbid the big corps for licenses. So they prefer to stick to the ones they make and actually own. 

The only way that we would see a new LOTR BFME game, would be Warner deciding to let EA to a piece of the pie. Otherwise...We are out of luck. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 2 (256 Views)