Re: Kingdom of Amalur Reckoning won't "continue" or load without freez

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Kingdom of Amalur Reckoning won't "continue" or load without freezing

★★★ Newbie

My instance of the game only loads from the "new game" option about half the time, will not "continue" or "load saved" without going into blank screen and no game play.  The game pointer is displayed, as well as the music track plays, but the screen remains blank and I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to sign out to clear it.  What am I missing?  I've followed the instruction on clearing the Origin cache on my PC, but nothing changed...same problems.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (757 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @acnoyes can you ensure that you have disabled any overlay before running the game. This includes Discord and Origin IN-Game for example. Once disabled, launch the game again to see if you have the same issue.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (712 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Good morning @EA_Darko,

Thank you for the suggested fix.  I made sure there were no overlays, but am still being met with the same issue.  I've tried updating the game, repairing the files, clearing the cache, and now making sure the overlays are disabled.  No luck.

Anders

Message 3 of 4 (682 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @acnoyes can you try deleting your in-game profile and then creating a new one to see if you see the same issue with saving and loading?

Have you checked your files to ensure that the game is creating a save file?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (616 Views)