Re: Jane’s USAF

by usmacu

Original Post

Jane’s USAF

★ Novice

I’d really like to be able to play Jane’s USAF again. Can we please collectively provide enough support for getting access again? Windows 98 is obviously no longer feasible.   Could it please be added online or sold to someone else for a place on Steam?  EA should easily be able to profit either way.  I believe there are enough millennials out there who would pay for access to the game again that it would be successful for whoever took ownership of its operations and support.  If not, can we please collectively provide enough support for a similar game? More than arcade-style flight simulators, but not as complex as the tough ones out these days. How much support would need from users? Maybe a survey to determine if there is a certain number of people who pay for it, and determine how much they’d be willing to pay? I’d pay up to its original price range in the $60s, probably even a bit more. 

Message 1 of 5 (476 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the post @usmacu

Jane's USAF is a blast from the past, not thought about it in a very long time though I have fond memories of the Vietnam mission.

I am not aware of any plans to bring the game back or make it available but I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode to see if you can get it working?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (462 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I have tried  but I have not been able to with Windows 8 or 10.  Also, I don’t know where my post went - did it go out to EA only, or to EA’s users too?   Maybe if we get some more users to show interest, it would help get things moving. 

Message 3 of 5 (456 Views)

Community Manager

In Windows, you can right click on a program @usmacu  do a compatibility scan which will change how a program or game runs. If you have the game installed try setting compatibility mode to Windows 98 to see if you can launch the game.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (446 Views)

★ Novice

I’ve tried but it doesn’t work.   I’m try to get peoples’ interest to try to pursuance EA to make the game available forever in any operating system by having it online in an app.  I know that’s how Steam works, and I feel like that’s how Origin does too.  It’s the only way I can ever play the game again, realistically.   I think plenty of people would pay for this.  Maybe itcan be sold to Valve or someone else on Steam so people can still enjoy it and others can still profit from it.  An EA technician I contacted in a chat said to put this out in forums to gage peoples’ interest.  

Message 5 of 5 (438 Views)