Re: Is there a chance that there will be a reboot of Star Wars: Republic Command

by ivrognard

Original Post

Is there a chance that there will be a reboot of Star Wars: Republic Commando?

★★★ Newbie

I as well as many others would love to see this game make a return in some form, unlike most though I would love to see a reboot rather than a sequel. Has there been any news or hints at this happening sometime soon, if at all?

Message 1 of 4 (447 Views)

Re: Is there a chance that there will be a reboot of Star Wars: Republic Command

EA SWTOR Team

Hi @LunaAnon87,

I moved your message here as it was not related to Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™. Standard smile

Message 2 of 4 (411 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you, I did not realize where I put the question

Message 3 of 4 (397 Views)

@LunaAnon87 The old games are owned and published by Disney. This is a question for them.

EA has only the rights to develop new games for a limited amount of time (unknown to date). It can't do a remaster, remake, reboot or compatibility patches for those. That is Disney's job if they feel inclined to. EA has at this date only SWTOR and SW: Battlefront reboot games. For the old SW games only Disney can decide what it will do with them: if they continue a series, reboot it, remake it and so on. 

I agree that would be nice to see some of the old SW series continued, rebooted or remade. But only Disney can decide their fate. And so far they've shown no interest to do so. My picks for a remaster would be X-Wing Alliance, for continuing would be KOTOR and Jedi Knight, for a reboot SW Republic Commando

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 4 (376 Views)